View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Thumbs up, liked, agree with...reader ability  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Thumbs up, liked, agree with...reader ability
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:56 am »
Hoop, would you consider adding to the forums the ability for members reading posts to select or hit a button that would indicate that the reader either "likes, agree's with, or appreciates the posters comments". I often read posts and agree with the post but don't leave a comment however I would if there was button I  could select. Something similar to Facebook or perhaps even BushCraft USA. I know the forum software may not even have the ability to do something like this which then makes this moot.

Bushcraft USA has a button that when selected by the reader leaves an accumulating list of all those members that have read the post:

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Hank McMauser For This Useful Post:
AirPirate,Arizona-Hermit,azratt,bharner,BigFootSurvival,captbrian,Carpe Arcus,Craigthoreson,Easy_rider75,Faiaoga,fatman hunting,Fillerhoff,Geoffrey,GreyOne,grumpa,h3nchm3n81,harley1903,HeadyBrew,Huey,injun51,itsken78,jerome,Kerri,kyporter,Long John Tinfoil,MASC1104,MiddleWolf,Mother,NorCalHermit,Old Wolf,Pastor Chris,piney,pure_mahem,rarmentr,redneck17,renter6,riskycritter,rwfred,Skotelawe,superpaco,Takeuscamping,tat2dbushwhacker,The Stumpy One,TRASHMAN,Usingmyrights,W.Coulter45,Wewillsurvive,Winterhorse,WolfCub,Zaveral

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Thumbs up, liked, agree with...reader ability
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »
Hi BG.  Yes that particular "Thanks" function is very good, and I wish we could add it here.  I have other ideas for Forum improvements gleaned from studying many other forums out there with neat features and functions.   Unfortunately right now we cannot make the changes because of ....well its complicated.  Lets just say that the business model we have right now is keeping us in status quo, with the dream of upgrading soon.  How soon is "soon" is is also complicated.   ???   I know that sounds extremely vague, but we are sort of stuck right now with what we got.    :-[   But duly noted, and that "thanks" function would be one of the first additions I would make.  :)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world.  When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them.  The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them.  That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft."  Ray Mears, 2005.

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 03:56:28 pm »

Offline southcove

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:42:14 am »
not a bad idea, but the downside is that it would take away some opportunity for easy & free expression...and for guys like me...endless blathering, which is what keeps us sane!

As it is know, you can see how many 'reads' there have been.  That's a good expression of interest right there.

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
not a bad idea, but the downside is that it would take away some opportunity for easy & free expression...and for guys like me...endless blathering, which is what keeps us sane!

As it is know, you can see how many 'reads' there have been.  That's a good expression of interest right there.

Offline southcove

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:38:37 pm »
Touche..!    ;)