View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Altai Hok ski/shoes  (Read 571 times)

Offline snapper

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Altai Hok ski/shoes
« on: January 13, 2017, 01:32:43 pm »
I didn't want to hijack Bioguide's other post so I'm putting this out separately.

I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding the Altai Hok skis that essentially fall between true backcountry skis and snowshoes.  Anyway, if you're still considering purchasing a pair, right now LL Bean is having a 25% off sale on all items with free shipping for orders over $100.00.  With the current cost of this product (almost $315.00), that's a significant savings if you're interested in them.

One beauty of LL Bean is they have a 100% guarantee on their equipment.  If you don't like them, you can send them back at any time for a refund.  I know that some outdoor retailers have discontinued this service due to abuse of their return policy but Bean stands by it so there really isn't much to lose in this case.

BTW...I'm not a Bean employee and I don't benefit from this in any way.  I just thought folks might like to know about it.

That's all for now.  Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Offline outbackrider

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Re: Altai Hok ski/shoes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:17:12 pm »
Thanks for posting this Snapper.

At the discounted price and a gift card that I had, I couldn't pass a pair up.  I purchased the 145's a few days ago.  Today, I thought, let me
get a pair of the 125's for my wife/daughter to use...  As of this moment, they were no where to be found on the LL Bean website. I keyed in the item
number TA291486 and the 145's came up but reflected as "not available online at this time".  Glad I got them when I did.  So either they sold all
of their Hok inventory, or conveniently took them off of their website...during the 25% sale....time will tell.

Thanks again.
outbackrider

Offline snapper

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:08:42 pm »
outbackrider - My guess is they sold out.  I think the 25% discount probably made them move out the door at a record pace.  Thankfully my pair arrived in yesterday's UPS delivery.  Now all I need is snow!

Until next time...be well.

snapper

Offline wingnut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:02:59 am »
    After I ordered mine from Campmor before Christmas the listing also stated no longer available. It's hard to say for sure why the retailers aren't selling them anymore but my guess is that Altai's online store sells them for the same price. I think it's uncommon to see manufacturers in direct competition with their retail outlets.

Offline kumachan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:51:00 pm »
LL Bean and other retailers were probably unloading what they had left of the original versions of the Hoks. Last autumn, Altai Skis tweeked the climbing skins and, I believe, the amount of chamber on the Hoks.  A week or so after they announced the tweeks, I noticed the prices of Hoks dropped across the board.