View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: The front tip of my Rebaf bearpaw web snowshoes stick in the snow  (Read 449 times)

Offline xcaret

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
 I'm very new to this. Today I took my 30 year old Faber ( second class ,and spelled Rebaf, Faber backwards) bearpaw style snowshoes out in 10 inch powder. They sank into the snow and as I lifted my foot, the toe of the snowshoe stuck into the snow ,so I had to force it upwards. I experimented and think that if I raised the snow shoe up before going ahead ,it worked properly. Is this normal? Or should they just come out of the snow with the tips raised? I can't relocate the bindings.
I had to lift my leg at times so that my upper leg was just about horizontal with the ground.
These snowshoes have hung in my garage all this time ,and I'm retired now and want to enjoy them.
Thanks , Neil

Offline klondike1

• View Profile
Re: The front tip of my Rebaf bearpaw web snowshoes stick in the snow
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »
Usually there is more shoe behind where you foot attaches than in front so the shoe would naturally tip and raise the front.  Not sure what has happened in your case.  I know bear paw do not have the long tail so that might be the issue.

Offline kaycee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:07 pm »
What type of bindings are you using?

Offline Dave Hadfield

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:01 am »
Your toe is going through the opening as you walk, right? And the harness allows your foot to rotate easily on the rear side of the opening?

The back end of the snowshoe is heavier, and keeps the front end up, obviously, but the snowshoe has to move freely for this to happen.