I got a pair of these carbon fiber poles at COSTCO this week for $29.95.!! Online from the Cascade they cost $49.95.
1. all 3 sections made of carbon fiber
2. camming clamps for firm, secure adjustment
3. two rubber tip covers - round and "shoe" shape for muddy conditions
4. two ski baskets - small for on piste skiing on groomed snow, large for backcountry virgin snow
5. easily adjustable straps
6. cork handles
7. extended foam lower grips (which I promptly cut off to lighten the poles)
8. nicely light
Here's hoping these poles are decently strong. I'll cover the bottom section with Gorilla duct tape to protect from nicks which can weaken them.
To me the pinnacle of CF pole fabrication is the SWIX ski pole with the carbon fibers wound in a "Maypole ribbon" intertwined fashon for maximum strength. The Cascade M.T. poles were not laid up this way from what I could see of the outer layer.