View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: 2018 north of my border trip  (Read 1365 times)

Offline TheRuggedWrangler

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 north of my border trip
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:25 AM »
I'm very much interested in this as well. I live in Northern Ontario ish, and can confirm there is a plethora of incredible crown land that hasn't been touched in dozens of years. Lots of great places to explore. However, I appreciate the idea of the "one in a life time" type trip. WCPP is on my bucket list for sure. Keep me posted if you could.

Cheers,
TRW

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 north of my border trip
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 01:37:24 PM »
I'm late to this post and really it doesn't matter since I won't be able to participate. But I totally get Bioguide's point. I just came back from a 11 day fly in canoe trip, on a river that is not even far from town, but that is not accessible other than fly in and that have a 10 km stretch of class II-III III+ rapids in the middle of it and I can tell you that it was the cleanest river I've paddle up here in terms of garbage left by people, this trip we saw practically nothing left behind by humans other than 2 fire rings and 2 pieces of TP.  Take the 10km stretch of rapids and every body and there dogs would have access to it in the motor boats(Jet boats can almost make it up those rapids some years, disgusting) So if you have the $$ and the time, Why not!!