View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Atuk Alaskan 10X10  (Read 452 times)

Offline Stormy Kromer

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Atuk Alaskan 10X10
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:37 pm »
Hello Everyone,

Well it's the middle of summer, almost 30C, the backyard is covered in ash drifting down from the forest fires raging throughout BC.  I'm hot and sweaty and my mind is filled with thoughts and dreams of winter because...my new tent and stove arrived yesterday!!!!!!  A 10X10 Atuk Alaskan and a Kni-Co stove. 

I eagerly pulled it out of the bag and set it up to check it out.  What a great tent!  Now I need to figure out how to get it back into the storage bag.  It's like trying to fold the fitted sheets once you take them out of the package!!  Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!
SK

Online Moondog55

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Atuk Alaskan 10X10
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:16:26 pm »
Common problem, make a bigger bag is my answer, with compression straps

Offline southcove

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 08:23:18 pm »
Congrats on the new tent and the stove. 

Bothwell Voyager makes some really nice custom sized bags to your spec, for stoves, tents, etc. 

What's even better about a properly sized gear bag is that when things are cold, wet, frozen, snowy, icey (yeah, I know I am just repeating myself with the winter terms!) you can easily roll things up on the ground (as opposed to a nice dry warm LR floor with your wife giving you the stinky eyeball just nearby) get it stuffed and tied in nicely and still have room for a ground tarp, stove mat or whatever...

Offline Stormy Kromer

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:21:12 pm »
You get the stinky eyeball as well?!?!  I thought I was the only one!  I thought it was reasonable to use the kitchen table, coffee table, kitchen counter, hallway floor and our bed to layout my gear for inventory count prior to packing for a trip.  Apparently that is NOT an acepted practice in our house.  Who knew? 

Online Moondog55

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 11:07:13 pm »
We call it "The LOOK" in our house.
I GOT IT THIS MORNING.
THE DAY ROOM FLOOR JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE 5 SLEEPING BAGS OUT FOR INSPECTION.
 I couldn't see what was wrong but apparently I'm not supposed to do this while the Boss is around, heck I thought she knew I had all this stuff