View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Bags & Boggans for the Coming Season  (Read 739 times)

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Bags & Boggans for the Coming Season
« on: September 01, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
Just thought I would post a heads up to anyone thinking they made need any bags making for this winter.

I should have some time in the next couple of months to make some tent bags in canvas as well as stove, tank and top bags in a Cordura, heavy polyester mix to whatever design you are looking for. Prices would range from $40Cdn for an 18 inch stove or small tent bag to around $150 for a big tank.

I also hope run up a few toboggans as well before my workshop gets too cold. Price would be about $250Cdn for a 9ft toboggan in UHMWPE depending on what the sheet price is currently. I know shipping on these is always an issue so maybe this is most useful to folk in the vicinity of Winnipeg.

Here's hoping for a cold December to get those lakes frozen!
www.canoepaddler.me.uk for canoe tripping and winter trekking photos and fireboxes

Offline GearFreak

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
Re: Bags & Boggans for the Coming Season
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
Here's hoping for a cold December to get those lakes frozen!

Here! here! old chap!
BV makes great gear - he made my sled with custom coloured rope too!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline Forse07

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
The biggest issue I currently face with packing my sled is my auger. I bring a 8" nils and have been placing it at the bottom of my tank bag and then packing items around it and it works ok but I think it could be better. In the past I have also tried to strap it on top of the tank but it has always slid side to side then then cause issues when going through portages. I am thinking that if I disassembled it and placed the blade/shaft into a top bag this may help since the straps would help keep it from sliding side to side.

Let me know what you think. I would be interested in a top bag either way. do you have a list of options and or prices?

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »
I'll send you a PM with some ideas but generally a 4ft top bag works out at $95 and a 6 footer at 125. We can figure out what closure would be best and extra reinforcements needed.
www.canoepaddler.me.uk for canoe tripping and winter trekking photos and fireboxes

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:09:44 PM »
My stove bag was my best investment for winter camping. The bag is large enough for my stove and a few things shoved down the side. Two fastex buckles hold the large flaps closed keeping snow out. A real asset to my gear. Thanks BV.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline Forse07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »
I got my top bag today. It's exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to test it out on my sled. I can't recommend BV enough. The bag is high quality and customized to my need perfectly. Thanks BV!

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »
Glad that it works.

Got me thinking that I should start bringing the auger along instead of the ice chisel- most of the time i am too tired to whack my way through 3ft of ice.

Offline NorseScotsman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »
I just received my new tank and top duffle from Bothwell Voyageur yesterday in the mail.  Can't wait to try them out. 

Last season I had ordered a stove, a tent, and a pole bag along with some barrel organizers (for canoe tripping).  All the gear is very well made and at great prices.  I highly recommend his gear!!!