View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Some photos from the 19th Annual Winter Camping Symposium  (Read 325 times)

Offline joestrom

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
Some photos from the 19th Annual Winter Camping Symposium
« on: October 30, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »
I'm not a great photographer, but here's some shots I took over the weekend at WCS. Facebook profile isn't needed to view:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10215221778367832.1073741886.1534816543&type=1&l=fc87f93166

Also, a reminder about the Traditional Winter Camping group page on FB if you're so inclined:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/234118507021383/

Best,
Joe
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:46:41 pm by HOOP »

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Some photos from the 19th Annual Winter Camping Symposium
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »
Good photos Joe!  I am downloading my photos and editing as I write this, so stay tuned for an upload soon!

It was another excellent Winter Camping Symposium.  I think they get better every year, and I am already looking forward to the 20th next year. 
This year we actually had early winter weather with 4 inches of snow!

Note:  If you want, you can link the photos from your facebook page directly to the forum thread here, by copy-pasting the photo location URL, highlighting it, and then wrapping the photo location with the IMG tags (use the Mona Lisa button), like this:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:59:47 pm by HOOP »
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world.  When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them.  The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them.  That is the underlying principle of Bushcra

Offline Coldfeet

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:37:02 pm »
So nice, I read about that gathering and wished it was a bit closer to the NY area.  Do they have anything like that up at Algonquin?  I could make that drive.  Thanks for making me think of the 20th next year  :-\

Offline scoutergriz

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 08:13:01 am »
there is a one day "Ontario Winter Camping Symposium" at U of Waterloo Theatre of the arts on Nov 25. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2017-ontario-winter-camping-symposium-tickets-37033860273
there is also the "winter in the wild" event at Algonquin on family day weekend. http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/news/winter_in_the_wild.php

Online southcove

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:36:41 am »
HOOP for an well-traveled old school wool and canvas type of guy you have some good grasp of the technical side of things (re photo captures)...  I think you'll have no trouble tackling/making good decisions on any of the web site issues and changes.

Offline awbrown: N. Illinois, USA

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »
Hoop, I don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about when it comes to linking photos and therein lies my only frustration with this website. Uploading photos is a pain.
I love winter......I don't look fat in wool!

Offline Coldfeet

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:54:40 pm »
Thanks Scoutergriz.  Sounds interesting. Appreciate it.

Offline Haggis

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »
Thanks Hoop, for the WCS report and photos,,, There is always so much to see and do, it's easy to miss out on several great seminars whilst thoroughly enjoying still others,,,

This year was the first year I brought a tent with a wood stove,,, I was more lucky than clever,,,

And thanks again for the loan of your shovel,,,

“It is tedious to live; it is tedious to die; it is tedious to c**p in deep snow”
Old Norwegian Observation

Offline digital_photog

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 07:27:57 am »
Thanks for the pictures.  Requested to join your facebook group.
Buckeye Al, Blacksmith
Happily retired and now I can play.