View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Vendors Forums: Welcome to Bothwell Voyageur!  (Read 134 times)

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Vendors Forums: Welcome to Bothwell Voyageur!
« on: November 04, 2017, 01:26:32 pm »
Wintertrekking.com is proud to announce the addition of Bothwell Voyageur to the Vendors Forums business membership!  Based in Manitoba, BV is well known to the forums here, being an avid and accomplished winter trekker who has posted many trip reports and videos, including showing his finely made gear in action.  BV's company is CanoePaddler, website link here:  http://canoepaddler.me.uk/  Check out his website store for not only the fine winter camping gear, but year-round gear for back packers, hikers and paddlers. 

Welcome Bothwell Voyageur to the Vendors Forums!
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world.  When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them.  The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them.  That is the underlying principle of Bushcra

Offline Undersky

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Vendors Forums: Welcome to Bothwell Voyageur!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:38:16 pm »
Congratulations BV !!

Yours is a fine addition to this site - and a boon for all of us.

What Hoop indicated, but did not state overtly is all of the innovation that you add to your gear.

Functional, simple, ready for the trail, and likely better than most competitors' similar goods!

Offline GearFreak

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:20:45 pm »
Yeah!  Just in time for winter too!

His stuff is good and he is not so busy that he can't custom make for you!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 09:08:01 pm »
Thanks for all the kind words.

I have been making all sorts of gear for longer than I can remember, tarps, packs and the odd tent or three, and have been making and selling firebox style stoves for at least ten years.

I love my winter camping, it was a big part of why we came to Canada from the UK, and have enjoyed developing gear that makes life easier for me and hopefully others think that it works for them too.

I'm happy to take a look at any ideas you have for winter camping, paddling or backpacking gear though probably the only thing I don't do is clothing, other folk do that so much better than me.

Look forward to seeing you on the trail somewhere.

Chris
www.canoepaddler.me.uk for canoe tripping and winter trekking photos and fireboxes