View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Great tank for my sled!  (Read 228 times)

Offline Coldfeet

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
Great tank for my sled!
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:57:11 pm »
Just received a 5ft red and black tank for my sled from Chris!  It was delivered quickly considering from where it was sent to NYC.  I can tell you first hand that Chris answered at least a dozen questions I had since I'm a newbi to the idea of hauling a sled with gear.  He gave me suggestions even at times steering me away from purchasing some of his products with some DIY ideas.  After reading so many great reviews about his work I wanted to give him a try.  My wife even looked at the tank and said "it's nice".   So a thumbs up to Bothwell Voyageur!   Now it's time to start exercising and get off my butt!   One day soon when conditions are right I will load up the sled and take some pics.   But I'm actually going to use it next week on a canoe trip and show it off, why not?  PS, Red is faster!   Take care.  Coldfeet

Offline GearFreak

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
Re: Great tank for my sled!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 12:42:54 pm »
PS, Red is faster!

Agreed!

I made him find red rope for my black sled!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:18:45 pm »
Red is also easier to find in a snowstorm!
www.canoepaddler.me.uk for canoe tripping and winter trekking photos and fireboxes

Offline snapper

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 02:33:02 pm »
Coldfeet - Better get in shape soon.  Tomorrow (Nov. 10th) we're supposed to see our first measurable snow (albeit it only 2") but the daytime temperatures aren't supposed to get out of the teens.  With the predicted 20 mph winds, it will be a beautiful winter day!  Time to go camping!!!

That's all for now.  Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Offline Coldfeet

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 08:37:33 pm »
Snapper, already packed!  Going to hang out with southcove tomorrow night, if it's not windy we will be hot tenting it along the Long Island Sound.  On Saturday I'm going to Boston to help with the Boston chapter of the WCHA and help with the building of a Chestnut canoe.  I probably will be assigned "Sweep up" duty!  It's all good with me.  See you hopefully next month or two.  Take care

Offline Coldfeet

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 08:40:07 pm »
Red is also easier to find in a snowstorm!

Oh g-d, I never thought about that!   I better wear red so they find me!

Offline snapper

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 11:09:07 am »
Coldfeet - Enjoy your time in New England with Southcove.  I look forward to hearing about your canoe building exploits; although you might post them on another forum  ;D\

That's all for now.  Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

PS - Woke up this morning in my part of central NYS to 2" of snow and temps in the upper teens.  Tonight we're forecast to be in single digits so winter, at least temporarily, is here!