View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Winter Shakedown Trip in Central Wisconsin, USA - December 2017.  (Read 141 times)

Offline brucekissinger

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Winter Shakedown Trip in Central Wisconsin, USA - December 2017.
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:57:05 PM »
I bought a hot tent this year and would like to try it out before the temperatures get colder.  Anyone interested in joining me for a weekend trip?  I know a nice lake that is close to the Ice Age Trail in Central Wisconsin.  There is a good parking area about 1/4 mile from the lake so it's a pretty short walk.  The camping spot has a table and a pit toilet - but you would have to bring your own water or melt snow.  The camping spot is nice and there is lots of hiking on the Ice Age Trail.

Send me a private message if you are interested and we can work out the details.  I was thinking of going the weekend of  December 15, but could also possibly go the weekend of December 29 or even into early January.

Offline MizMoosie

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
    • Winter Rendezvous 2012
Re: Winter Shakedown Trip in Central Wisconsin, USA - December 2017.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:22:52 AM »
I bought a hot tent this year and would like to try it out before the temperatures get colder.  Anyone interested in joining me for a weekend trip?  I know a nice lake that is close to the Ice Age Trail in Central Wisconsin.  There is a good parking area about 1/4 mile from the lake so it's a pretty short walk.  The camping spot has a table and a pit toilet - but you would have to bring your own water or melt snow.  The camping spot is nice and there is lots of hiking on the Ice Age Trail.

Send me a private message if you are interested and we can work out the details.  I was thinking of going the weekend of  December 15, but could also possibly go the weekend of December 29 or even into early January.

Don't foret about the Winter Camping Rendezvous in NW Wisconsin the first weekend in February.

https://wcr.eventnut.com/
Winner of the 2009 "Golden Spatula" cooking award at the Winter Camping symposium.  Winning recipe:  Filet Mignon in a wine, garlic & mustard sauce, served over orzo and accompanied by caramelized broccoli and washed down with Black Currant Mead.

Offline brucekissinger

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Shakedown Trip in Central Wisconsin, USA - December 2017.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »
I haven't forgotten  :).  Glad to see it's going to be in Wisconsin this year rather than Minnesota.  I really like the Birchwood campground and surroundings.

Bruce