View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Winter Has Arrived in NW Ontario  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Harlan

• Administrator
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • SoloTripping.com - The Solo Tripper's Online Community
Winter Has Arrived in NW Ontario
« on: November 21, 2010, 02:58:48 pm »
Getting a good dumping....12 inches on the ground so far with more to come....temps are getting colder too!!!

wooley

Re: Winter Has Arrived in NW Ontario
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »
That is good!! The North is where we go anyway. Am putting the new toboggan together.

Twenty mm rain, +10 C down here in the south this week.

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Winter Has Arrived in NW Ontario
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:41:49 pm »
Had some brutally wet snow in Thunder Bay, but now its colder and we are getting some drier snow tonight.  Might be a great base if it lasts.   They are already skiing in Lappe. 

Damn, I have not yet started to make my new 10 footer UHMWPE toboggan, nor test fires my new solo stove!   I better get going on winter prep!  This may be one of those years that we get a month's head start here in Northwestern Ontario (for dry land travelling - the lakes will take a while yet).  Wuuuuhooo!  :)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.