View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Winter 2010-11 Forecast is Looking Good!  (Read 1589 times)

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Winter 2010-11 Forecast is Looking Good!
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:23:13 pm »
The Environment Canada 3-month winter forecast for temperatures are looking real good!   Below normal temperatures!   Wuuhoo, COLD is good!     Makes good ice, good dry snow, and extends the snow and sled hauling season.

The December – February forecast is showing the central and west parts of Canada to be "below normal" temps.  Unfortunately the northeast is showing "above normal"...but...

...But the January – March forecast is showing almost all of Canada to be "below normal".  Yes!   That's what I have been waiting for.  Bring it on!

Hopefully this forecast extends into Alaska and down into the US northern states too.  Hope everyone has their gear in shape and is starting to get out.   Looking forward to lots of photo trip reports, and hopefully some videos!
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline cousin Pete

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Winter 2010-11 Forecast is Looking Good!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:51:24 pm »
Hello HOOP:  That report is music to my ears!!  Bring on the cold and bring on a lot of snow!!

Take care,
Cousin Pete
"Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908

Offline Kerina

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Re: Winter 2010-11 Forecast is Looking Good!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »
What a great site, Thanks Hoop.  For the US I found the following. 

It looks like everyone gets either below average or normal.  No above average temperatures for any of the northern states.

Here is the site for anyone who is interested: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/seasonal.php?lead=1

Kerina