View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Which skis are better?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline lonegreeneagle

• Hauling Sled
  • Me at my personal BEST
    • View Profile
Which skis are better?
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:49:09 am »
I don't know jack about skis!
One pair I have is Karhu touring 200. I had to scrape dirt and and a ton of wax off (I picked them up at a second hand store for $15.00 I believe), just to begin my own care program. Still learning to wax!

The newer pair I picked up (also at second hand store) SUPERSPORT S  EDITION 190 with some Austrian made 75mm 3-pin bindings. These skiis are grooved and waxless. I did quite well on them the other morning as my camp trip was shortened.

On this new pair of skiis, I seemed to ski more then walk but that could be my increasing ability?????
      HOOP, I checked out that site on waxing; Thank You
Now if I could find someone who isn't a snob to give me real feed back and advice I could be doing alot better. Only one person here around Sioux Falls has given me the time of day instead of ignorant snide comments.
       You folks don't know how much I appreciate you. I either need to move to Minnesota or back home to Montana. Where people live their lives not some image that they want you to see.
      Thank You EVERYONE
            Van

WOW I was just reading my first post in the skiing section from last year. I now weigh 150 and I am in no where near as good of shape. Even with all that advice I just don't know if I'll retain the information I'll need. That's one of my other new dilemas, short term memory. When someone asks you head or gut, choose gut! I didn't have a choice, but I'll take a gut hit next time.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:15:51 am by lonegreeneagle »
Avid outdoorsman? My son and I snowshoe and winter camp with a four season tent and no stove. When my daughter comes along we drag sleds holding the campfire style tent I made and my military style Yukon stove. We canoe and kayak long trips in the early spring till Thanksgiving. That's my son's and my last float of the canoe season as we celebrate his birthday.  My daughter more than my son loves climbing. My sore neck!
Along with the tent, I've made packs,paddles and the poor man's RV from an 18' boat trailer. It now carries our canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, camping ger and the TeePee pole