View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Poles and more poles???? Bamboo  (Read 1196 times)

Offline lonegreeneagle

• Hauling Sled
  • Me at my personal BEST
    • View Profile
Poles and more poles???? Bamboo
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:15 am »
        While pulling my sled I began to use adjustable trekking poles while snowshoeing. When I started walking then skiing again my pointless torturere recommended shorter poles as I begin and that they would help me strengthen my core faster. At 5'10" and using 210 skis I am ready to get the correct poles. Here in Sioux Falls, SD I do generally flat land skiing and low rolling hills. When I return to Montana, to my steep canyons and high up mountains, I'll want a different pole and ones that can double as avalanche probes. I have those but am still looking for my perfect length/hieght.
        Has anyone heard of Silva bamboo poles? I found a set in a second hand store!

your completely ignorant skier!
                    Van
Avid outdoorsman? My son and I snowshoe and winter camp with a four season tent and no stove. When my daughter comes along we drag sleds holding the campfire style tent I made and my military style Yukon stove. We canoe and kayak long trips in the early spring till Thanksgiving. That's my son's and my last float of the canoe season as we celebrate his birthday.  My daughter more than my son loves climbing. My sore neck!
Along with the tent, I've made packs,paddles and the poor man's RV from an 18' boat trailer. It now carries our canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, camping ger and the TeePee pole