View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: What happened to my beautiful winter?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline lonegreeneagle

• Hauling Sled
  • Me at my personal BEST
    • View Profile
What happened to my beautiful winter?
« on: February 19, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »
         Until last week we had snow on the ground and cold temps! Now the snow is gone and its t-shirt [email protected]#$%^&*(
       Tomorrow we have a severe storm warning for the upper midwest; snow and ice across SD with freezing temps, winds and travel advisories. Yeah!
        I took a job north of Huron and I have to travel up there Monday morning. I am planning to take my pack and skiis. Pray for us to have bad weather!
                Van
Avid outdoorsman? My son and I snowshoe and winter camp with a four season tent and no stove. When my daughter comes along we drag sleds holding the campfire style tent I made and my military style Yukon stove. We canoe and kayak long trips in the early spring till Thanksgiving. That's my son's and my last float of the canoe season as we celebrate his birthday.  My daughter more than my son loves climbing. My sore neck!
Along with the tent, I've made packs,paddles and the poor man's RV from an 18' boat trailer. It now carries our canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, camping ger and the TeePee pole