View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: The ultimate ski gadget  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Tomd

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
    • Law Office of Thomas L. Difloure

Offline watatic

• Warming Up
  • New winter camper
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate ski gadget
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:28:41 pm »
...gives a good haircut as well, I hear .
"It is a pleasure to the real lover of Nature to give winter all the glory he can, for summer will make its own way, and speak its own praises." Dorothy Wordsworth, 1802

Offline lonegreeneagle

• Hauling Sled
  • Me at my personal BEST
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate ski gadget
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:42:20 am »
When the Army experimented with the paraplane, I got the opportunity to fly this type of contraption quite a few times. Aside from being heavy and off balanced, it was loud and smelly. to expensive to just bury in the desert or throw away.
        "ULTIMATE SKI GADGET"? I am so glad this is not my mode of transportation!
         I love my slow paced, old fashioned, getting back to nature lifestyle
                Van
Avid outdoorsman? My son and I snowshoe and winter camp with a four season tent and no stove. When my daughter comes along we drag sleds holding the campfire style tent I made and my military style Yukon stove. We canoe and kayak long trips in the early spring till Thanksgiving. That's my son's and my last float of the canoe season as we celebrate his birthday.  My daughter more than my son loves climbing. My sore neck!
Along with the tent, I've made packs,paddles and the poor man's RV from an 18' boat trailer. It now carries our canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, camping ger and the TeePee pole