View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: ice fishing for 2.5 species of trout  (Read 2277 times)

Offline atisnow

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
ice fishing for 2.5 species of trout
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:18:08 pm »
This is more about fishing than winter trekking but besides fish and snow it does involve snowshoes, wool, cotton and a fire.

The Atikokan Grand Slam of Trout - Ice Edition

Offline fisherman

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: ice fishing for 2.5 species of trout
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:12:39 pm »
Excellent report atisnow!
and congratulations on your many fine catches. thanks for sharing

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 05:30:47 pm »
Well done lads!  Wow, northern trout grand slam!  Impressive!  Life looks good around Atikokan.  Good to see some fishing footage from Northwestern Ontario!  The old man is looking good in his old anorak!   ;)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline michel

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:47:59 pm »
Awesome fishing trip. I use to stop at South croock lake for an hour or so on my way back to Dryden. I was logging not to far from Antikokan.Were is that splake lake if you do not mind saying.I love fishing for splake and it is always interesting to try new lake.