View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: What the [email protected]*! is with the weather?!!!  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Scott

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
What the [email protected]*! is with the weather?!!!
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:57:30 am »
No snow, many lakes not frozen yet, and it's only 0 C as I type this.  And many nights have been very mild.  What a weird fall/early winter this has been.  Had plans for New Years trip but I'm thinking that's delayed for a few weeks! 

The good news is that I've used far less wood this year and will have some left over for next winter (I heat the house with a wood stove).     

Offline Ron

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • Nordic woodsmanship & skills
Re: What the [email protected]*! is with the weather?!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
We use a lot less wood than anticipated too.
So far we had about 3 nights with temps below -10 and about 25-30cm of snow, but on the other hand we are expecting +8 degrees of christmasday!

frost, defrost, snow, sleet and rain all mixed up. The people here are confused and don't know how the act with this weather....
All glory comes from daring to begin...

Offline Grizzly Adam

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:12:59 pm »
With any luck Scott winter will come in like a lamb and go out like a lion other than that I think I'm going a little nuts waiting on the bright side I just finished my new toboggan and my mukluks should be done by this evening tent is next Cheers Grizz. 

Offline Scott

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:49:04 pm »
now the weather is forecasted to be -14 C tonight and a bit colder (aka normal) for the next few days.  I'll believe it when I see it!  Maybe we'll get some more ice forming finally. 

@ Ron - I hear ya!  same thing here - rain, snow, warm, cold, and all in a matter of hours sometimes! 

Offline Igloo Ed

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
    • Grand Shelters Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:54:31 pm »
Looks like the storm that dumped 10 inches here in CO is tracking south of Ontario but the storms edge is up into southern Ontario.
Nice here, the streets will be clear by Christmas but it'll be a white one.
Good luck.