View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Where to go Family Day weekend.  (Read 1728 times)

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
Where to go Family Day weekend.
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »
My girlfriend and I are planning for a winter camping trip on the Feb. 18 through 20 and we would like some suggestions of where we could find some snow.  We live in Kingston, and are considering Frontenac PP, but I may have to pick up a couple of Radio Flyers for that trip. ;-)  Additionally, I am thinking about doing a two or three day solo trip with my pup the week of Feb. 28.  Driving is not a problem in either case.

How is the snow in the Kawartha Highlands?  I canoe camped that area in the 70s and 80s  and fondly remember camping on Buzzard Lake.
A crown land trip is fine also and I am considering the hike into Skottamatta Lake, maybe North Frontenac or someplace else in the Madawaska Highlands

Jim

Offline acurrier

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go Family Day weekend.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
You guys should head up to Algonquin Park and join the group that is heading there on the same dates. Check the link below:

http://www.wintertrekking.com/community/index.php?topic=1766.0;topicseen

It is a bit of a drive from Kingston, but it isn't that bad...just try to stay off the 401.

Offline brianw

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
You guys should head up to Algonquin Park and join the group that is heading there on the same dates. Check the link below:

http://www.wintertrekking.com/community/index.php?topic=1766.0;topicseen

It is a bit of a drive from Kingston, but it isn't that bad...just try to stay off the 401.

I was going to suggest the exact same thing. ;) 

Would love to have a really large group for the first wintertrekking.com group camp out.

Cheers

Brian

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys.  I seem to recall that T suggested we go to Algonquin to find some snow, so this will likely work.  I will speak to her tonight about it and then put in my two cents in the appropriate thread.

Jim