View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: A short fish  (Read 1393 times)

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
A short fish
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:08 pm »
Well I had a few hours to kill before heading off to work my night shift so I thought I'd head out and see if I couldn't bring in a laker or a White fish. I headed down to my access point. I had my best friend with me my dog Marley. She will follow me anywhere and loves being in the out doors.

I got set up and Marley watches one of the lines for me.

Somtimes she gets alittle distracted and wanders off a little farther than I like. if it a really funny ice year. I tether her off to an ice screw and she doesn't mind being on a long line.

Well the Herring have really made a come back but it is a closed season here. Sometimes it is hard to get your bait down below them.

Well after about two hours I packed it in. I headed for shore and the short drive home.  I find my snowshoes keep me out of the slush when standing on a real slushy lake. Gives me that nice paltform to stand on. Most times they aren't fastened to my feet when just fishing. I'm just standing on them.

Really enjoy just being out there even if the fishing is not as great as it usually is.

RR
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:32:39 pm by ravinerat »
Time waits for no one!