View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Talks of 2013 winter get together?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Misfit

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Talks of 2013 winter get together?
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:07:04 am »
I was just checking out the boards here and was wondering if there were talks of a winter get together like we had in 2012 at mew lake in algonquin. If there is a thread about it then i must have missed it but anyone heading up to the north in the new year?

Offline canoeal

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
Re: Talks of 2013 winter get together?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:26 am »
  Hi misfit. there's been talk of it, and I hope to get up there soon. ravinerat and his wife were there for new years. see his report page 3. Al

Offline theDuck

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 10:01:59 am »
I plan on being at Mew Lake for the Feb long weekend. Canoeal and I were up in October looking over the airfield area for spots. I found one and canoeal planned to be at his old spot. We dragged firewood to some of last years spots and found lots of other sites off the trail tucked into the bush.
As we get closer to the Feb long weekend I'm sure others will chime in that they are going. The Park put on the one day special do about promoting APP for winter camping. Some of us could offer to set up at a camp site at the main activity area and offer to be a display. Kind of like scoutergriz inadvertently had happen to him last year  :).

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:25:06 am »
I have plans to be there with my kids, assuming good weather and no unforeseen obligations.

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 10:33:29 am »
Guys I created a topic here for this outing.

http://www.wintertrekking.com/community/index.php?topic=2231.0

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 12:31:26 pm »
Hi folks,

Due to the popularity of group trip planning discussions, we created a new forum called "Group Trip Planning".  This was also a suggestion by some members.  I will move this thread into that new forum. 

carry on....
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.