View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: plastic mountaineering boot binding option?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline model94

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
plastic mountaineering boot binding option?
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:00:52 pm »
Trying to figure out how to configure backcountry skiis with a binding system that would work with plastic mountaineering boots. Would older cable bindings work?  Thinking of something that would attach in a similar manner to crampons.  Ideas??   

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: plastic mountaineering boot binding option?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:19:30 pm »
Look for the Sivereta binding, they use to make an older model that would work really good with plastic mountaineering boots. here it is http://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry-ski-museum/silvretta-404-backcountry-skiing/silvretta-404-backcountry.html

Offline Tomd

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
    • Law Office of Thomas L. Difloure
Re: plastic mountaineering boot binding option?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 02:19:32 am »
I would look at Voile cable bindings on their release plate or their CRB binding. I had the cables on the release plate and used them with Garmont Excursion plastic b/c boots a few times, which are not mountaineering boots, but are ski boots. Personally, I'd get different boots unless you need to use the skis for approaches and even then, a lighter boot for approaches should be more comfortable. You might be able to use Dyna-fits, but I don't know anything about them. One place to ask is www.telemarktips.com, which is a tele skiing site.