View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Algonquin PP March 1, 2 and 3  (Read 3628 times)

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
Algonquin PP March 1, 2 and 3
« on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:37 pm »
T and I are taking next Friday off and are considering heading to Mew Lake again for a probably our last kick at the can for this winter.  Anyone else interested in joining us?

Jim

Offline theDuck

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
Re: Algonquin PP March 1, 2 and 3
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:21 pm »
Gotta work Friday but I'm a definite maybe for the 2, 3 and 4.

Offline Portageman

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »
I am leaving on Friday for eight days.  I'll be coming out on the second. If everything goes well, I'll stop by for a few hours visit.  Is there room in the duck blind for an extra sleeping bag if I stay the night?  Maybe I'll just tarp it. I don't want too much stuff to pack up on Sunday.

Ron
"In nature's wilds all is independence, all your luxuries and comforts are within yourself and all that is pleasurable within your minds; and after all this is happiness".   Nicholas Garry, 1821

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:36:06 am »
I'm away fishing a Derby. Enjoy the wilderness.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline canoeal

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 11:46:41 am »
I'd like to get another week/end in before the canoing season starts. I'll be staying at the electric sites this time. Al

Offline theDuck

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 05:49:48 pm »
I am leaving on Friday for eight days.  I'll be coming out on the second. If everything goes well, I'll stop by for a few hours visit.  Is there room in the duck blind for an extra sleeping bag if I stay the night?  Maybe I'll just tarp it. I don't want too much stuff to pack up on Sunday.

Ron
You are welcome to join me in theDuck blind Portageman. I planned on leaving my cot behind and try sleeping on the snow so that should free up some room. We'll be cozy but it should work.
I should be there by 1pm Saturday and go set up on the airfield.
My wife was getting on my case today to order a Snotrekker tent but the delivery time won't have it here in time for the planned weekend so I'll hold off a bit.

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 07:12:47 am »
Duck, Time waits for no one! Go for it.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline Caribou

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 07:43:05 pm »
Hey Jimmay and others! See link below for a special cross-country ski event planned in Algonquin for next weekend (March 2). Note that there is a fee associated with the event (which includes lunch) on top of your regular park fees. This is the first annual; should be a fun time!
Caribou
http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/news/2013/2013-01-15_wildlife_ski_tour.php

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 07:49:36 pm »
Hey Jimmay and others! See link below for a special cross-country ski event planned in Algonquin for next weekend (March 2). Note that there is a fee associated with the event (which includes lunch) on top of your regular park fees. This is the first annual; should be a fun time!
Caribou
http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/news/2013/2013-01-15_wildlife_ski_tour.php

Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately I have not owned nor used cross country skis in many years.

Offline theDuck

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
Looks like things are starting to go off the rails. I have to be elsewhere Sat. March 2 :'(. I'll still try and make it for part of the weekend. Portageman, maybe bring that tarp after all. Sorry about that.

Offline jimmay

• Hauling Sled
  • Jim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:18 pm »
I've got to go to work tomorrow, so it looks like we are not going to make it either.  We may try to get up Saturday, but with the predicted snow I will likely stay closer to home.

Jim