View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: heading out  (Read 2487 times)

Offline wildernesstony12

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
heading out
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »
hey brothers, going out over night first time in a long long time been feeling good also been training a little at a time will be sending pictures for sure take care tony

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: heading out
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:28:59 am »
Enjoy your trip and report back.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline Grizzly Adam

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:03:19 am »
How did your trip go did you get to shake out your kit, My sled seems to be getting lighter or I'm getting in better shape LOL.cheers Grizz.

Offline wildernesstony12

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:49:30 pm »
i had a great time used my winter tent and all the rest i still have to learn to get the sled right the snow was to hard and i kept on digging in the snow with my snowshoes causing me to keep tripping took them off was good i think i need to just keep at it i 'll get there some snow thurs. tru fri going out by the way i ordered some new canvas the two i had were wicked heavy i tried sewing them but kept on breaking the needles ( by hand ) my wife called me gorilla hands got 4 duck 10 oz. untreated off white. the other ones were dark green and fire retardant man they stink. Well when i get them monday i am sewing getting this done before it gets to warm i want to take it for a spin with the whole sled put together. by the way lost my camera and my insulin case with all my meds good thing i wasn't far from home went home next day i was fine my wife said your getting to old big boy hehehehe is all i said never to old for the woods if i should die in the wilderness i''ll just be giving a lot back hehehehe. Talk to you late brothers 8)

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:40 pm »
Good for you. The more you go the more you'll work out the bugs. Get another camera. We'd love to see some pics.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline canoeal

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »
Nice report Tony. My last trip in bush was Family day in February. I too kept tripping over my snow shoes, and thank god my son was able to get me back up and going again. That will be  my last trip campin in the bush.( I'll be 72 in may). My next trip I hope soon, will be in the regular camp site. I told my wife I don't want to die in Hospital full of tubes and wires, I want to die in the bush or on some nice lake in my canoe. Take care Al

Offline wildernesstony12

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:04 pm »
well at 72 i bet you have had many wonderful years and great times and memories, and i bought a cheap camera good enough though nice pictures hope to use soon. it doesn't matter grizz your still kick-in lol