View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Three men in finnish Lapland (Ivalo/Inari) cold/hot winter trekking  (Read 143510 times)

Offline BobG

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Re: Three men in finnish Lapland (Ivalo/Inari) cold/hot winter trekking
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:19:03 pm »
Interesting trip report. I was in the area between 1st - 12 March and will post my trip report soon. Did you hire the pulks in Ivalo or in your home countries? I used a large rucksack but would like to try a pulk next time and a local place to hire pulks would save me the trouble of transporting the pulk from the UK.

Bob.

Offline Pyreneo

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 04:16:53 pm »
Interesting trip report. I was in the area between 1st - 12 March and will post my trip report soon.

I think that that we have seen you at night in the hotel in front of your B&B at Inari (on sunday). I was pretty sure you were a brit : bingo!  ;D

Did you hire the pulks in Ivalo or in your home countries? I used a large rucksack but would like to try a pulk next time and a local place to hire pulks would save me the trouble of transporting the pulk from the UK.

We have hired them from Inari at ILE (I could ask more details form my friend Stephane, he made the deal on internet). Not very good ones (quite old, but were ok during the trip, but it seems that they change their politics (and owner) some years ago and since that they prefer rent skidoo than snowshoe or pulkas. We had problems withs snowshoes the first day.

All equipment (pulk+snowshoes+ski) came directly from Ivalo the first day  with a taxi (+358 400 982477) who bring them to the Ivalo airport and wait us at our arrival from Helsinski. Of course the taxi was expensive but it was an easy way. The woman of the taxi was very helpful.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:29:34 pm by Pyreneo »
Could read english but difficult to write it.

Offline BobG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 05:29:20 pm »
Interesting trip report. I was in the area between 1st - 12 March and will post my trip report soon.

I think that that we have seen you at night in the hotel in front of your B&B at Inari (on sunday). I was pretty sure you were a brit : bingo!  ;D

You were sitting near the window? It's a small world!

Offline Pyreneo

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:45 am »

You were sitting near the window? It's a small world!

Exactly : you were on the other side, near the wall facing the enter and you leave quite soon. If I remember correctly you had something like a typical Lowe Alpine mountain cap (typically brit).
Could read english but difficult to write it.

Offline BobG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 08:38:10 am »
That'd be me. Also wearing a faded orange smock.