View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Winter Camping Symposium 2013  (Read 10878 times)

Offline Mike

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Camping Symposium 2013
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 09:52:40 pm »
Thanks to everyone who pulled this off. It was fun to meet old friends and create new ones. Thanks Hoop for a the excellent axe class. I cannot wait to make time to sharpen my axe. I was so embarrassed with the look of my Westerling that I did not want to bring it. I was planning on purchasing another set of stove pipes for my Two Dog but no need to now. I managed to sneak in a bid with seconds to spare on a new Two Dog stove. Sorry Brian but I wanted that stove:-). It was great attending the antler knife class. I cannot believe how easy it is. See you all next year.
Mike

Offline lonelake

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
  • MINNESOTA, Winter Camping Symposium
    • View Profile
    • www.wintercampingsymposium.com
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 07:25:22 am »
Thanks to all the attendees, sponsors, speakers/teachers, and volunteers. You have made this another succesful event!
We at the WCS are always working to make this event self sustainable and you helped achieve this again this year. We are already planning for next year, with many of the suggestions given being implemented. Personal highlights for me were, Lure of the North, Ben and Jeff's Fire class, and HOOP's axe class.
Again, from all of us at the WCS, thank you for supporting us and this community. Live Winter!

LL    (Ryan Fox)
Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. It is what we leave behind that is important. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.
-Sigurd Olson

www.wintercampingsymposium.com
Proudly wearing Empire Wool and Canvas

Offline awbrown: N. Illinois, USA

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 09:41:02 am »
Thanks lonelake (aka Ryan) for all the fun. I enjoyed all the seminar's that I attended. One in particular was very informative and I learned many valuable tips. I still chuckle when I think of Hoop and his "government approved safety axe"

I love winter......I don't look fat in wool!