View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Enough Snow Already!!!  (Read 6943 times)

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Enough Snow Already!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:58 pm »
Last time I was out there was no slush because it had been so cold, with no new snow, that the slush had all frozen into a slush sandwich (blue ice on bottom, then liquid water/slush, then white ice cap on the slush).  Nice and dry!  Now we got almost 2 feet since then, and word on the street is that the new snow caused near apocalyptic slush out there!  I head out soon on another trip into the slush unknown....the slush monster may swallow me alive!   :(
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline michel

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »
Just came back from fishing today, no slush at all but it was a very small lake big lake could be a different story.it was so cold and windy for the last few day that the snow is very good for snowshoeing.

Offline Pagani

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 10:49:28 pm »
I just watched the local news with a report that a couple of xc skiers needed rescue in the bwca after becoming stuck in slush on a lake. I've never been actually stuck in slush, but that would add a whole new level of slush hatred. The slush near me is slowly..very slowly getting better.

I should add I'm in northern MN
“Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.”
― Chris Bradford