View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Looking for a new\used stove for our tent\home  (Read 10145 times)

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
Re: Looking for a new\used stove for our tent\home
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 11:06:48 pm »
That may be true but from what I have read/seen it used to be more common to go out the ends which also avoids the difficulties of fitting a fly around the stove pipe. Maybe the switch to new water repellent/fire retardent materials made it possible to avoid setting light to your tent and removed the need for a fly?
It is still possible to exit high enough on the ends to have several feet of pipe between stove and tent if it is done right, much more than the distance on my Snowtrekker.
www.canoepaddler.net for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline kie

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
    • www.lureofthenorth.com
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all of your replies. We did end up finding exactly what we wanted and it burns SO much nicer at night. Our wee little wood pile might actually last us the winter! If not we will just have to go on another trip!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. The forum this is new to me and I got very side tracked with workshops.

Thanks again and happy trails to everyone this winter!!
There isn't a place I'd rather be.

Offline SJR66

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »
Hey I am new to all this and figuring out how to use the forum but I wanted to say how cool that setup you have is! SWEET!