View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Miz Moosie  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Tomd

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
    • Law Office of Thomas L. Difloure
Miz Moosie
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:22:56 am »
Just saw a story online about dogs and motorcycle sidecars and thought I recognized one of them in one of the photos, so I went back through the old posts and sure enough, it was Miz Moosie and Worthless Furbutt riding in winter. She mentioned the documentary in her posts. If you Google "Sit,stay, ride" you can see a few stories about the film and some photos. Looks like great fun.  The thread is still up here too with some pictures. You can see them in the trailer on the film's website.

http://www.sidecardogs.com/

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Miz Moosie
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:58:54 am »
I think that was posted in one of my motorcycle magazines. Was an interesting read.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline MizMoosie

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
    • Winter Rendezvous 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:23:51 am »
The Furbutt is a movie star! 

The filmmaker flew in from MT just before a blizzard last April.  He was pretty fascinated with the idea of winter camping in general and was amazed that it all fit on the sidecar rig.  We filmed over an afternoon and had hoped to do some shots from inside the heated tent.  But the snow was piling up and they had to head to the airport.  I offered them overnight accommodations in the tent which they politely declined... ;D

I think they left with the idea that I was a real jackpine savage.  The Director's commentary on the DVD mentions how I drag road killed deer behind the pickup to feed the wolves, eagles and the Furbutt on the lake ice in front of my house... :o
Winner of the 2009 "Golden Spatula" cooking award at the Winter Camping symposium.  Winning recipe:  Filet Mignon in a wine, garlic & mustard sauce, served over orzo and accompanied by caramelized broccoli and washed down with Black Currant Mead.

Offline awbrown: N. Illinois, USA

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 01:22:54 pm »
Despite rumors to the contrary, MizMoosie is far from a "jackpine savage" and Worthless Furbutt is a sweetheart....If it wasn't for MizMoosie all of the attendees of the 2013 Winter Camping Symposium would have starved to death............

I remember fondly gazing at MizMoosie and Worthless Furbutt sitting together at the Winter Camping Symposium. I noticed the remarkable similarity in hairdo's..........You know what they say about how a dog and it's owner often look alike!! ........living proof.
I love winter......I don't look fat in wool!

Offline MizMoosie

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
    • Winter Rendezvous 2012
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »
 ;D
Winner of the 2009 "Golden Spatula" cooking award at the Winter Camping symposium.  Winning recipe:  Filet Mignon in a wine, garlic & mustard sauce, served over orzo and accompanied by caramelized broccoli and washed down with Black Currant Mead.