View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Ice Fishing Madness :)  (Read 4808 times)

Offline Undersky

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Ice Fishing Madness :)
« on: December 20, 2015, 01:18:06 am »
The only thing better than all these fish is all the fun William Larkham Jr. is having!

Wish I was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3k7m7YbEJM

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Fishing Madness :)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 07:06:29 am »
Sweet...thanks for the link Undersky. I see he has a lot of other videos I'll be checking out.

Offline Canadian Corey

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 08:30:12 am »
Boy he looked like he was having fun!  Right time right place  :)

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:24 pm »
Won't be any ice here for the Trout opener. Guess we'll have to use the canoe. Wonder what the limit is there? Only limit of 2 in my area.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 08:44:41 pm »
Great fishing for sure, I wish I could catch at least one fish this year, I suck at ice fishing :(

One thing, and maybe I'm a bit to anal about things, but I would have liked to se a bit more respect for the fish, like killing them right away instead of letting them die slowly, and not kicking them into place... I know some of you will roll there eyes, but I think that we need to show wildlife better respect. When I hunt or fish, I try to end the animal suppering as quick as possible, especially when you put a video online...

Offline GearFreak

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 10:54:31 pm »
Great fishing for sure, I wish I could catch at least one fish this year, I suck at ice fishing :(

One thing, and maybe I'm a bit to anal about things, but I would have liked to se a bit more respect for the fish, like killing them right away instead of letting them die slowly, and not kicking them into place... I know some of you will roll there eyes, but I think that we need to show wildlife better respect. When I hunt or fish, I try to end the animal suppering as quick as possible, especially when you put a video online...

I thought that too, so no rolly eyes from me. (I actually cant add the icons now that I have this "edge" my new and improved windows has resulted in more than a few annoyances.)

I chalked it up to his overenthusiasm and exuberance at getting them one after another after another.  Never had a bite like that hard or soft water.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline Undersky

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 10:17:56 pm »
Hey ANDN, GF, I agree, too. Reverence for things natural - perhaps for living things especially - can never be a bad thing, and when practiced, we enhance our own humanity.

Offline Haggis

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 07:28:50 am »
"Kindness to animals, do not begrudge, remembering their maker, will be your judge."

We must kill animals to live, but we needn't be cruel, or malicious.
“It is tedious to live; it is tedious to die; it is tedious to c**p in deep snow”
Old Norwegian Observation

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 10:44:24 am »
I'm happy I'm not the only one that think that way! There is to many people that abuse wildlife and think that it is totally normal and when you call them out, you get called all kind of things by F***ing red necks that also think that " Ha, it is just fish or deer or even worst those damn wolfs and coyotes..." I'm sick of that. If you don't eat it don't kill it. Take only what you will use, use all of what you take!!

Offline snapper

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 11:22:05 am »
"Kindness to animals, do not begrudge, remembering their maker, will be your judge."

Thanks Haggis.  I've not seen that before but appreciate having that quote.  I can see where it might be useful in the future.

That's all for now.  Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Offline rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 01:35:35 pm »
ANDN--I would imagine killing the animal by "suppering" as soon as possible is a good thing, but I hope you don't put it on the grill while it is still kicking:)

And I agree that respect for all life on earth, and the earth itself is something that too often is not shown. We must recognize that we are part of the web of life, not the sole reason for life.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau

Offline FrozenCanoe

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 02:41:13 am »

I was wondering about this as well. Agree with all - respect and kill quickly.