View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Any Deepfreeze 2009 Reports?  (Read 6593 times)

Offline theDuck

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
Any Deepfreeze 2009 Reports?
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:37:50 pm »
Anyone who attended DeepFreeze able or willing to give a report for those of us who were not able to attend?

Offline Oldand Fat

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Any Deepfreeze 2009 Reports?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 09:49:01 pm »
Most of the reports maybe on CCR only because that is where Deep Freeze was born. Here are a few pictures.http://picasaweb.google.com/OlderandFater2/DeepFreeze09#
It was a really fun year, almost perfect weather and the Budd was within an hour of on time.
Stay safe
OAF
“ We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.” Stephen Hawking. 1942 - 2018

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Offline Georgi

• Stoking the Woodstove
  • Winter is not the time to go streaking!!!
    • View Profile
    • Georgi!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:09:10 pm »
Short report

Great Time , snow depth was a factor for sure, walked in on ice crust and during the time there the snow changed its density, I guess you could say, and the sugar snow was making you sink to crotch level, the ice crust dissapated.

I'm sure there's a better explanation or a more scientific but lake crossing one day was fine just riding on top barely going through and the next , after heavy warm snowfall, the crust left and we re-broke trail on the same lake.

Lots of refreshments, TONS of FOOD!!! and atmosphere, great time, pictures to be added as well as some report once the home and work life returns to normal....

I'll dig up a photo or two and post them later in the evening as well. Here's Little Opa Lk.
( no actual name just a named DF Lk.) It s stiched photo of about 15 shots in a circle from where I stood. Don't know how to make it bigger for show on Flikr, may have to work the bugs out of the brain...

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:16:44 pm by Georgi »
IN ICE WE TRUST ,In Snow we must, go camp in frozen Country. With axe and Saw for Timber is Law, to make our homes more comfy
;)

Georgi

Offline Rob

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:00:00 pm »
Any sign of Mr Munn? I wonder about him sometimes. How he is doing and weather he would ever make a return the world on the forums.
Colder is better

Offline theDuck

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:43 pm »
Thanks. I looked at the CCR forum and followed the event info there. Maybe next year.

Offline Georgi

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • Georgi!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:56:25 am »
No , Richard was not at Deep Freeze this year.

Here's a photo snap on Day 7 , just taken quickly while I was behind a group going out on the Friday. The location was below the beaver damn we cross looking South.

I have not touched up the photo although I do have one trimmed of the same as my Desktop background now...

I have the larger photo's at my Flikr account.

Georgi's Flikr Account, Click Here to go there.....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:04:51 am by Georgi »
IN ICE WE TRUST ,In Snow we must, go camp in frozen Country. With axe and Saw for Timber is Law, to make our homes more comfy
;)

Georgi

Offline Georgi

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • Georgi!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 06:59:49 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONvr3G3wJiA

video of my pictures

apx, 10 minutes long

Wednesday Mug shot....through the lens of Pancho Rodriguez !!!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:01:44 pm by Georgi »
;)

Georgi

Offline Oldand Fat

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:26:41 pm »
WOW Georgi.
Tears are rolling down my cheeks. Great stuff
looks like sh8.
Stay safe
OAF
“ We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.” Stephen Hawking. 1942 - 2018

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Offline Rob

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:28:59 pm »
Any sign of Richard Munn? Does he still go?
Colder is better

Offline Blaf

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:30:51 pm »
So cool!!! Thank you Georgi.

Next year till Friday! :)

Offline Opa

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34:28 pm »
Mike ak Georgi ;)  ;D, once you see the video anyone would know there are no hardships to Winter camping. What a great video.

Offline Oldand Fat

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 07:39:47 pm »
Asking who comes or doesn't come to Deep Freeze is in bad taste. if you want to know who is there come yourself, Your more then welcome.
Stay safe
OAF

Mark Twain

Offline pake

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 07:49:58 pm »
Thanks Georgi!!

That was great! Someday, I'll join you. That was fun.  ;D

pake

Offline lyndak

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 08:21:15 pm »
Awesome work Georgi.  Captured some moments perfectly (Billy on the train) ha ha still makes me laugh!

cheers
lynda

Offline Rob

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 10:14:56 pm »
Asking who comes or doesn't come to Deep Freeze is in bad taste. if you want to know who is there come yourself, Your more then welcome.
Stay safe
OAF

Sorry, I am not familiar with deep freeze etiquette. Just wondering how he was doing and I know tis is something he usually attended.
Colder is better