View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Tracker Skishoes  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Tracker Skishoes
« on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:06 am »
Some may be interested in this skishoe I just came across on another fourm: http://trackerskishoes.com/default.asp

A lot less in price compared to custom skis' of similar size and purpose...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:18:18 am by Bioguide »

Offline redoleary

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Tracker Skishoes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 08:56:43 am »
Those look interesting, but it seems like the built in crampons that go the length of the ski would inhibit the zig-zag type descent of a steep hill, and cause a lot of drag.  Still, might be a decent option, I wish I had consistently proper winters here to justify an upgrade from my 30+ year old X-country skis!

Offline Goski

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »
Hok is still a ski, this isn't.  In my humble opinion this is another showshoe, definitely not even 25% ski.  Way too short, no glide possible (and glide is what defines a ski), not even downhill glide possible (too short plus crampons of sort built in) and definitely no turns.  Another modern yuppi style snowshoe if you ask me.   

Offline outbackrider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:00:44 am »
Some may be interested in this skishoe I just came across on another fourm: http://trackerskishoes.com/default.asp

A lot less in price compared to custom skis' of similar size and purpose...

Bioguide,
Interesting, thanks for the link.  They have a demo day coming up this weekend in Kingston, NY.
I'm going to try to rearrange my schedule to see if I can make it over there to check them out in person.
I've been considering a pair of Altai Hoks, but these may fit the need especially for icy conditions.

Thanks again.
Outbackrider

Offline snapper

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:25 am »
outbackrider - I look forward to your review if you get the chance to check them out.  Please let us know what you think.  Thanks!

Until next time...be well.

snapper

Online Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:39:51 pm »
They look interesting, though very basic, almost like have a mini toboggan on each foot!. Get a bare pair and add your own snowshoe bindings to keep the price below $200.
www.canoepaddler.net for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline outbackrider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:06:21 am »
Unfortunately, we've had 2 days where temps were around 50 degrees.  Snow is gone, demo day has been rescheduled
to take place up in the Tug Hill area of New York.  I won't be able to make it there this weekend.

Bothwell, definitely a good idea on saving some $ by mounting snowshoe bindings to a bare pair.

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 11:28:16 am »
interesting that on the site the pictures show 3 different "models", black pointy tip, red round tip and a white pair.... but when you get to the  order page they are all black.... What are the other models???