View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Adirondack snoskishoe  (Read 23236 times)

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Adirondack snoskishoe
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2017, 12:25:00 pm »
AunNordDuNord - The Hoks came with their universal binding that has the ratchet set-up and I was wearing my Steger mukluks.  Everything worked great.  I did have to get used to the feeling of the binding as it seemed a bit rigid at first but that seemed to go away quickly.

Hope that helps.  Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I have the same set up, and I find it a bit "soft' on side hill, especially on hard snow(snowmobile trail) But I'm also able to do a few tele turns in soft snow and moderate terrain!!

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:31 pm »
Very cool bioguide!   I might need those on Friday to get back into the city once this storm is finished.  Great write up, it would be cool if some local stores like EMS or REI had some of these to rent out and try. 

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2017, 12:22:42 am »
There is a fair amount of video with me using my skis' in this video. They performed very well.

After 3 weeks I head back to retrieve my tent. While away a winter snow storm hit the area dumping 12+ inches of powder followed by wind gusts of up to 50 mph. I document the Snowtrekker’s sacked in condition and my digging of it out. I also video my Adirondack Snoskishoe’s performance in moderate powder snow conditions while hauling the sled on the lake, bushwhacking across the forested rolling terrain, and some "downhill" skiing. In addition, I use an auger to collect water, enjoy camp meals, and listen to a new audible book during the evenings while warming by the fire.

https://youtu.be/A7d6ycfEgx4

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:32:39 am by Bioguide »

Offline into the wind

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2017, 11:11:00 am »
Nice vid Kelly! I really like how those skishoes are working out for you. They look like they are doing what one would want from them. Do you mind telling us your weight? Just wondering for flotation purposes. You seemed to be held up real well over 30 inches of snow.

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2017, 11:22:58 am »
Nice vid Kelly! I really like how those skishoes are working out for you. They look like they are doing what one would want from them. Do you mind telling us your weight? Just wondering for flotation purposes. You seemed to be held up real well over 30 inches of snow.

Thanks. I'm 235 lbs and add at least another 20 lbs for clothes and the back pack.

Offline h_t

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2017, 12:13:27 pm »
Looks like fun. I am glad the skis working well for you despite my criticism  8)

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2017, 07:26:39 pm »
Looks like fun. I am glad the skis working well for you despite my criticism  8)

No problem h_t criticism is good... constructive criticism is better. Cheers, Kelly

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2017, 07:37:43 pm »
OK, is there anyone interested in buying a pair of these custom made skis?

I've had discussions with the builder and he would be interested in building 5 -7 pairs for next year with some modifications/improvements namely:

an increase in the tip rise
perhaps a narrower footprint
lighter core material, fiberglass, and veneer to cut back on the skis weight

Cost ~$575/pair

If you are seriously interested in ordering a pair PM me...

You won't regret the skis.