View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Wool pants question  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Wilderwes

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Re: Wool pants question
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 05:04:59 pm »
I just got a pair of the Big Bill wool pants in the blend last Christmas (24 oz). I feel like the blend adds a bit more durability than a 100% wool pant, but I could be mistaken. I also recommend sizing up. I got size 32, but there's not a lot of space for me to grow - especially with long johns. On the plus-side I have motivation to not gain weight so I can keep wearing them year after year.

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 08:04:11 pm »
Good new, bad news.  I received my pants the other day, great looking and feels nice.  Tried them on and way to big going one size up.  Exchanging them but I have to pay restocking fee plus shipping both ways.  Cost me an extra $37.   I'm not mentioning the name of the company because maybe it was in the fine print when ordering.  Guess I have to learn to read everything.  Probably a small company so I don't want them to pay for my mistake.  Will keep you updated. 

Offline Boatman53

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 09:41:33 pm »
Did you send them back yet? What size are they? I could use a new pair of wool pants.
Jim

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 05:44:47 am »
sorry, I already paid the fees and will be shipping them back hopefully tomorrow. 

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 06:52:52 pm »
Received the new order and tried them on. Weird but I’m usually a size 36 and these are big on me. I’m not spending any more $ exchanging them. Will take them to a tailor to get taken in. I’m wondering how much they would shrink when washed?  Not going to try just curious.