View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Solo Breakfast meal suggestions  (Read 2838 times)

Offline cousin Pete

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Breakfast meal suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:31 AM »
Hello Bioguide:  I eat instant oatmeal, with bacon, dehydrated pine apple, dehydrated blue berries and water mixed with a  bit of apple cider vinegar.   dehydrate the fruit myself.  I pre-cook the bacon and wrap daily portions in waxed paper.  I simply put the daily portion in the frying pan to reheat it. 

Take care,
Cousin Pete
"Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908

Offline Pathfinder

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 12:00:59 PM »
I just tried the powdered; egg, whole milk and cheese mixed together with some water to make a omelet along with some precooked bacon on my last outing and that turned out really really well. Definitely high on my list beyond regular oatmeal/cereal. or .ca has the products through Hoosier Hill Farms

I'll edit a video I took and post here.....

It's been awhile since the morning breakfast meal suggestions were front and center, and i so i thought i would give this thread a little February bump.

I'd also like to ask Bkrgi (or any other member) if the egg product here is "powdered eggs" or "egg crystals"?  Hosier Hill Farm has two similar egg products - one for cake recipes, and one for scrambled eggs. I would prefer the one for scrambled eggs.

Does anyone know which egg product is for scrambled eggs based on experience?  Thanks!

Online tombaisley

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »
Sausage biscuits and gravy..sausage, flour, milk,black pepper,  bisquick cooked on top of the stove in a covered pan.

Pancakes and bacon w/  maple syrup..... aunt jemina complete

eggs sausage links and cheese served on a tortilla w/ salsa, ... I crack the eggs( two per bag) into a ziplock baggie lay flat and freeze I keep them fozen or as cold as possible for the trip ( not a problem in winter)

oatmeal.... when all the good stuff is gone