View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Solo Lunch meal suggstions  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Solo Lunch meal suggstions
« on: December 11, 2016, 08:34:18 pm »
My second post of 3 different but similar threads. I'm planning a 10 solo trip this winter and I would like some new ideas for meals. I think having a thread of members recipes separating each days meal might end up being useful for others planning their trip/s as well. So this thread is asking to list your favorite "hot" tent lunch meal. Please include the complete recipe.

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Lunch meal suggstions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:34:58 pm »
Lunches, if on the trail, we usually end up eating cheese and cracker and dry sausage, soupe, sandwich and trail mix. If we are base camped, we would have all kind of things like soupe, casadias, left over from the previous night, cheese and crackers, dry sausage, sandwich, smokies on the fire.....

Offline Moondog55

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »
Again I am going to be no help
 What's lunch?? ;D
After breakfast I am more an all-day snacker; I go though all sorts of chockolate bars, dried fruits, nuts, hard crackers, sweet biscuits [ cookies to you] and black jelly beans as and when I get peckish

Offline Haggis

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:35 am »
For lunch,,, if I'm I'm a hurry, or lazy, a cup of minute oats, cinnamon, and stevia,,, if I have time, frybread,,, just self-rising flour dough, fried in olive oil,,,
“It is tedious to live; it is tedious to die; it is tedious to c**p in deep snow”
Old Norwegian Observation

Offline kiggy

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »
I prepare soups at home (lots of meat, fat and veggies),  sandwiches  with salted pork fat and mustard , Pierogies.
some times steak on open fire and bacon.
for carbs  - dark chocolate and cookies,  lots of hot tea
Jagermaster is for breakfast, lunch and supper

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:17:44 pm by kiggy »

Offline MizMoosie

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
    • Winter Rendezvous 2012
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 10:19:04 pm »
A quick hot lunch I like is an envelope of instant chicken soup and one of instant grits mixed together.  Add hot water to the consistency of choice and eat with a piece of flatbread...
Winner of the 2009 "Golden Spatula" cooking award at the Winter Camping symposium.  Winning recipe:  Filet Mignon in a wine, garlic & mustard sauce, served over orzo and accompanied by caramelized broccoli and washed down with Black Currant Mead.