View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: North Bay Ontario - Group Camping Trip  (Read 2303 times)

Offline TheRuggedWrangler

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
North Bay Ontario - Group Camping Trip
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:13:30 pm »
Hi Folks;

Anyone in the North Bay, Ontario, Canada area interested in doing a 2+ day trip in January or February 2017? I just got my hands on a new tent and stove and am going to be going out as often as I can this winter.

Curious to know if there is anyone else on this forum that is in the area of North Bay, Ontario. Or anyone who travels up this way to go camping in the winter. I ice fish too, and am thinking of going for a 2-3 day ice fishing trip on an isolated late and bringing the stove and tent along as well. Any like-minded folks out there?

Cheers,
TRW

Online kinguq

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
  • Det finnes ikke darlig vaer, bare darlig klaer!
    • View Profile
Re: North Bay Ontario - Group Camping Trip
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:46:24 am »
Hi TRW,

I am here in North Bay and I go out 2 or 3 times per winter. I would be interested in a group trip. You might also look in to the Deep Freeze trip that happens in February. There is a notification about it on this forum. That happens north of Sudbury on 144 and usually brings about 30 people together.

Kinguq.

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 12:01:19 pm »
Hi Kinguq;

Thanks for the heads up on Deep Freeze 2017. That's certainly something I'm interested in and going to look in to. I see that you went to DF16 (saw your post on that board saying you got back). How was it? I understand that this year it's back at the same spot, so just wondering if you could share any details on it. Do people come out for a few days, or is it the whole week? Any opportunity for ice fishing? What do people do throughout the days? Is there anything organized, or to each there own?

Also, if you know of any great spots around NB area to go, I'm always interested in checking some new places out.

Thanks,
TRW.

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:34:02 pm »
I'm South of you in Barrie and head up that way every now and then. I also fish and actually the main reason I bought the tent.

RR
Time waits for no one!

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 08:45:09 pm »
Very last minute of course, but that's how my work schedule works. Just found out I'm off until Jan 4th. Anyone interested in going out for a night or two starting the 1st or 2nd? Lots of fresh snow up here. I'm likely going out either way, just to test out the new tent and see what it's like. I want to put as many miles on it as possible before Deep Freeze 2017.

Anyone interested?

Offline Canadian Corey

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »
Hi TRW,

It's a drive for me, but I do camp a bit North of North Bay sometimes so would also be interested in a trip.  I was just camping up there for a 4 day solo (Dec 30-Jan2) actually.

I'm planning on attending Deep Freeze 2017.  Joined last year to try out my DIY hot tent for the first time.  Had a great time there, and hot tenting-it was GAME CHANGING.  I also have many years of cold camping in; Don't know how I missed out on this idea for so long.

Cheers, Corey

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 10:21:34 pm »
Hey all;

It's great to see there's a few people interested and fairly local. Maybe we should plan something for the end of January, before deepfreeze. Thoughts?

Speaking of Deep Freeze. I plan on going this year for the first time. Can't believe I waited this long to get into hot tenting either.

Canadian Corey - How far north of North Nay do you go? Just wondering if it's to Crown land, or if you're talking about up Temagami way?

Cheers,
TRW

Offline Canadian Corey

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 07:19:24 am »
TRW - I was on Martin Lake over New Years.  Year before I was on Bear Lake.  All Crown land, and Bear is in the Game Reserve, so I can go in the fall (via canoe) to prep a site and not worry too much about getting shot.

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 08:14:23 pm »
My work schedule had me working over that period. Keep me posted on any other trips.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline EricNB

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 06:06:06 am »
TRW I am from North Bay, and go out a couple times a year as well.  In fact i was trying to plan a overnighter possibly for Friday... 
Sickness has overcome my household so, It will depend on how thing feel by then.