View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: The 1st Annual Ontario Winter Camping Symposium is happening. Winter is coming!  (Read 1966 times)

Offline David B.

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Sold Out! Hope to see you there!

Dave

Offline AJM

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
Crap! Didn't think it would sell out  :-X

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
It would be great if they would video the presentations and put them up on Youtube for those of us who can't make it.
www.canoepaddler.me.uk for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline David B.

• View Profile
Will see what we can do...might have more luck arranging something for next year...just getting things off the ground this year!

Offline Marko_Mrko

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Dave, thanks for organizing. Really good speakers, entertaining. Greatly appreciate it. The sponsors were really great to chat with as well. Thanks to everyone!
M

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Nice to see you sent some door prizes Bothwell.

RR
Time waits for no one!

Offline kie

• Vendor - Supporter
    • View Profile
    • www.lureofthenorth.com
What a great event this was!

We really were happy we rearranged our schedule and came. It was SO great to see so many familiar faces and meet even more people who had an interest in winter camping. I was really surprised when the question was posed "how many people have never been winter camping" and half of the people raised their hands! How cool is that, that there are that many new people wanting to give it a try!

I was also really grateful to put some faces to names that I have interacted with online. Now I know you DO exist! LOL

Thank you again to all that organized the event especially David Bain.

I hope to see some of you on the trail or at the Pond in the future!

Best,
There isn't a place I'd rather be.

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Nice to see you sent some door prizes Bothwell.

RR

Wished I could have been there. Glad to be able to support the event. I hope whoever won the stoves gets some use from them.
www.canoepaddler.me.uk for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline David B.

• View Profile
One stove was a ticket purchase prize...the other was used as a special draw for those who bought a youth ticket...15 and under...the young man who won looked pleased!

Thanks again for your support!

Hope those of you who made it had a good time!

Dave

Offline jscudds

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Had a ticket but it was the only weekend i could try out the new winter setup before its gets really cold,... wish i could have gone.  Next year for sure!

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Congratulations to David and all the volunteers for organizing and running the 1st Annual OWCS!  I wish I could have been there.  Great to hear the event was a success. Well done! 
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world.  When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them.  The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them.  That is the underlying principle of Bushcra

Offline 4seasoncampers

• View Profile
The symposium went off without a hitch on Saturday, the crowd was fantastic, the sponsors, displays and prizes were amazing. What surprised us the most was that almost half of the audience had never winter camped before but were there to learn. While our talk was about winter car camping we enjoyed hearing about the more adventures expeditions from Jim Baird & David Lee. We heard about winter glamping from wintertrekking's TearKnee. We learned several tips on locating crown land for future back country trips from Pine Martin and as always Kevin Callan's talk was helpful and entertaining. It was a wonderful to show people new and old to the sport that there are many different ways to winter camp but whats important is that we all get 'out there'.  Thanks again for the support, there were many familiar faces of members here on wintertrekking that attended. Thank you David Bain for taking notice of this gaping lack of Canadian winter get together's and putting this together.
 Marian