View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: 2017 - 19th Annual Winter Camping Symposium, Sturgeon Lake, MN  (Read 916 times)

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
2017 - 19th Annual Winter Camping Symposium, Sturgeon Lake, MN
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
The Annual Winter Camping Symposium is here again Oct 26-29, 2017, Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota, at Camp Miller.  Website with all the program information and registration info here:  http://wcs.eventnut.com/

Hope to see old friends there, and make new ones.  Its always a great event with learning in seminars and workshops, gear for sale by many of our favourite vendors, workshops to make your own gear, evening presentations by entertaining speakers, and of course the networking and socializing, capped off with a big party with live band Saturday night.   

If you have never been, the camping space for tents is abundant on the Camp Miller grounds, and there is a full meal plan for purchase if you don't want to bother with your own food prep. This has to be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest display on the Planet of the widest range of hot tent designs imaginable, with commercially made tents and DIY home made tents of all shapes and sizes, and stoves.  There are many cold camping tent designs too, and several hammockers.  The tenting grounds are open for walking tours all day to check out the various tent and stove rigs, and most people are happy to show off their shelter systems.  And of course there is the traditional scheduled tent tour activity.   

For those who are new to traditional winter camping, this is an amazing event to attend and learn some of the basics, and make many contacts.  Need some winter camping clothing?  Vendors are there who can outfit you from head to toe.  Need a toboggan?  Toboggans for sale! Stove? Yep.  Knives, saws, axes, sharpeners, ice chisels? Yep. Buy and sell, silent auction, used gear bargains, etc.  And much more. 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:44:16 PM by HOOP »
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline awbrown: N. Illinois, USA

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Annual Winter Camping Symposium, Sturgeon Lake, MN
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
See you next week, Hoop. Looks like we are going to have wood stove and wool friendly weather.
I love winter......I don't look fat in wool!