View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Norwegian Gstove  (Read 9788 times)

Offline sito

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Norwegian Gstove
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 05:08:04 pm »
4 dogs stove isn't that much bigger than the Gstove. 4 dog titanium stove is 18" stove long.

Offline brianw

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:23 pm »
4 dogs stove isn't that much bigger than the Gstove. 4 dog titanium stove is 18" stove long.

FourDog makes 2 titanium stoves.  The smaller one is 10x10x18 inches long, the larger one is 11x11x22 inches long.  I have the smaller one with a built in baffle and it works great.

Cheers

Brian

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 08:10:15 pm »

FourDog makes 2 titanium stoves.  The smaller one is 10x10x18 inches long, the larger one is 11x11x22 inches long.  I have the smaller one with a built in baffle and it works great.

Cheers

Brian

I have the large one and it work awesome!!

Offline Chicken Farmer

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 08:12:24 pm »
Found these guys in Washington selling the Gstove. Talked to them via email. They were always quick to respond and happy to answer questions. Also talked to the actual Gstove mfg in Norway. They were quick to answer and assured me that shipping to the US is easy and is done on a regular basis. I’m about 90% sure I’ll be upgrading stoves and when I do, I’ll be ordering from Jake at Lux.

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/

And a video from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqxfzswna90&list=PLh4JlIZMb6KXT4yHe7i803OqdTpXVYFd3

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »
Hmmm, good price, but way too heavy for its size... Quite small...
When you get yours, be sure to let us know how it goes!!

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »

Cheers

Brian

I have the large one and it work awesome!!

I have fund raising idea. Each time someone with a Ti Four dog stove tells us how great they are they should pay a forfeit. Not that I am jealous or anything but I have owned cars that cost less than even the smallest model.

A truly great piece of winter camping gear.
www.canoepaddler.net for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline awdriven

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:34 pm »
I also have the larger four dog ti stove and have been very happy with it.  :)   I'd like to hear from some Gstove users!

Offline Forse07

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 02:00:07 pm »
My first stove was a Kni co stove and after many years I decided I needed to upgrade to a ti stove. I didn't want to spend the money of a four dog stove so I bought a ti barrel stove from lite outdoors and although it works ok and it is probably less than 4 lbs I have a few issues with it. It is very flimsy, dents and crinkles easily and after a few uses it does not put together very well. I wish I would have just coughed up the money and gotten a four dog then but I won't be making the same mistake a second time. my next stove will be a four dog whenever the budget allows.

Offline sito

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:50 pm »
I dislike corrosion on steel stove.

I can't believe no one owns a Gstove.

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 05:21:50 pm »
I dislike corrosion on steel stove.

I can't believe no one owns a Gstove.

They are heavy and small.... These are 2 good reason why I wouldn't buy one. As for corrosion, if you treat you stove properly, it shouldn't be an issue for a long time....

Offline Chicken Farmer

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 09:25:28 pm »
For me, this stove would be an upgrade in weight. I have been using my home built steel stove that weighs close to 50 lbs. I would like to pony up for a Four Dog Ti stove, but man those things are salty. I've done some research on materials to build my own Ti stove, and even the material is almost prohibitively expensive. And it's been a lot of years since i used to TIG weld Ti chemical heat exchangers. The hands aren't as steady as they used to be. So for me, this stove is lighter than what I have now, and cheaper than the high end Four Dog. 

Offline sito

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 04:36:29 pm »
My first stove was a Kni co stove and after many years I decided I needed to upgrade to a ti stove. I didn't want to spend the money of a four dog stove so I bought a ti barrel stove from lite outdoors and although it works ok and it is probably less than 4 lbs I have a few issues with it. It is very flimsy, dents and crinkles easily and after a few uses it does not put together very well. I wish I would have just coughed up the money and gotten a four dog then but I won't be making the same mistake a second time. my next stove will be a four dog whenever the budget allows.

kni stove is heavy too. what is real weight of stove with all pipes?

Offline jimdiane

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »
I see on another website that there is a larger version of this stove..............I'm almost convinced that it will be part of my gear very soon

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/tent-wood-stoves-and-accessories/products/portable-tent-wood-stove-heater?variant=2897280139275

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 07:20:32 pm »
Still smaller than the smallest knico
www.canoepaddler.net for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 07:25:03 pm »
$550 is a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Ouch!

Beautiful piece of kit, but expensive. And also on the heavy side.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau