View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Wintertrekking.com's 2017-18 Fund Raising Drive!  (Read 4908 times)

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Wintertrekking.com's 2017-18 Fund Raising Drive!
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »
Update on the Winter 2017-18 fund raising campaign:

(Hi Donald M. I received your donation back on Dec 22, but I do not know your username or email, since it does not show on E-transfer. Please PM or email me with your username so I can update you to "Supporter"  :) )

(Hi Kiggy! No did not receive, the E-transfer got declined. My fault for entering passwords incorrectly,  :-[  and it auto-canceled. Please delete from your end, and then resend, thanks! Sorry for the hassle  :) )

Thank you to everyone who has donated!  And thank you to people who have been sending other fundraising ideas. The campaign is doing well, and we are getting closer to the -40 fundraising goal!  The funds raised are all going to pay for the costs for migrating the website to its new hosting service, and many software and structural upgrades that the tech guys will be working on.  So far so good, and we can keep the lights on, and stove stoked and heating our tent for a while yet.

Today's campaign thermometer has now dropped to -25C / -13F.  That is getting nice and crisp, which is what we want for making hard water ice to travel on.  Let's keep the momentum going to get that thermometer down to -40.   :)

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline Heavy Duty

• Supporter
  • Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 10:09:06 PM »
Done!

Hope that helps!!

Offline kiggy

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 10:11:35 PM »
I sent it again. from Igor

Offline Canadian Corey

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »
Donation sent!

Happy to help out in this community.  Checking this forum & site has become one of the rays of sunshine in my day.

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 09:39:38 PM »
Update on the Winter 2017-18 fund raising campaign:

WE DID IT!    We reached our fundraising target of $2000, AND have now surpassed it!  The fundraising thermometer has not only surpassed -40 degrees, its now down to -50C or -58F!  Now that is downright cold!   :)  And that is a good thing! 

Thank you to everyone who donated to the Wintertrekking.com winter 2017-18 fundraising campaign.  We now have the funds to pay for the new hosting services and upgrades, and more upgrades and improvements to come.  I think I will now go winter camping on a trip or two.   :)

The official campaign is now ended.  However, donations at any time are still very welcome of course.  The costs to run the website are ongoing with annual hosting and maintenance fees. If you wish to donate to the website, please go to the first posting in this thread for the how-to instructions.  If you forget where this thread later for the how-to info, it is posted as a sticky post at the top of the "News and Events" forum, or just PM me for instructions.  All annual donations of $10 or more provide "Supporter" title under your name.

I have heard from many of you on suggestions for upgrades. One of the most common is the ability for this website to host photos directly, with a direct upload from the thread posting box (rather than the system we use now, which is using a photo-sharing website and a URL link).  That is on the near top of the list, and I await the news from the tech guys on what that may cost per year, and related software upgrades.  I have a long list, and we will chip away at it

Thanks again everyone.  The Wintertrekking.com community is a fine community indeed.   8) 

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:02:45 PM by HOOP »
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Online Undersky

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
Fantastic!

Way to go Hoop!

Way to go all you Supporters!

I am very glad that many people came though with donations for Wintertrekking.com .

Let's keep learning and sharing and learning and ...

All good!!

Offline Bkrgi

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 02:49:30 AM »
Woohooo

The learning and experiencing and sharing and chatter can continue full haul..
Living warm in North x Northwest BC
IMG-20161030-04037 by richardktm300, on Flickr

Offline walknabout

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
-62C in Syberia currently ...just sayin' HOOP, we might need a new thermometer next year :)

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/parts-of-russia-descend-into-minues-60-celsius-winter-60186

Offline Zelandonii

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »
Hey Hoop, I just sent a bit of help your way.

Thanks.

Online rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 07:49:08 PM »
Congrats, Hoop! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. This site has been a tremendous resource, and there is a truly great group of followers here. Even though the only person who I have ever met from the site is Harlan, I feel like I am among friends.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau

Offline Chicken Farmer

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2018, 08:42:48 PM »
I missed the fund raiser, but a couple bucks your way!!

Offline Stormy Kromer

• Supporter
  • Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »
Hello HOOP,

How are the website finances?  You ran a successful funding drive last back in January to help pay for system upgrades when you took over the site.  Might I suggest another campaign?  A few dollars a year is a small price to pay for all the valuable information and advice found in wintertrekking.com.  I suspect that as the days get shorter and the night become cooler, the traffic and activity will increase considerably.  Now might be a good time to replenish the coffers and capitalize on new members coming onboard.

I would be more than happy to kick over $12 for the cause. That is $1 a month for continued access to one of the most comprehensive, respectful and helpful forums I have EVER found online.  That is a true bargain! 
My  two cents worth.
SK

Offline ravinerat

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2019, 06:16:17 AM »
Sorry I missed this. money on it's way for next time.

RR
Time waits for no one!