View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Hi Everybody!  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Moondog55

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everybody!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 06:08:42 pm »
A warm welcome and "G'Day" from the other side of the world.

Offline koivisto

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 11:15:46 am »
Hey Sparky,
Welcome! I'm a newbie myself, and these guys are great!

What I've enjoyed with WT is that despite the crazy high knowledge on all things winter, people here are willing to share, appreciate all levels of winter camping and are fine with people doing things differently. I've yet to see a snarky post (let alone the kind of stuff you see on other forums). I suspect Hoop has set the tone--respect master Hoop!

Offline snapper

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 01:32:36 pm »
Sparky - Welcome to the forum.  I'm not too far away from you; just south of Cooperstown.  I work weekends so don't get to do a lot of overnight trips (haven't gotten in one yet this winter in fact) but I have Mondays off due to the weekend work.  I try to get out for some jaunts on Mondays so if you think you'd ever want to meet up, just let me know.  One word of warning though, my 2 year old pooch usually accompanies me on most of my adventures so she'd probably be along for the ride.  Her name is Juneau and she's a border collie/lab/retriever mix so there's a lot of energy there.

That's all for now.  Take care and until our paths should cross....be well.

snapper

Offline GearFreak

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 08:49:25 pm »
What I've enjoyed with WT is that despite the crazy high knowledge on all things winter, people here are willing to share, appreciate all levels of winter camping and are fine with people doing things differently. I've yet to see a snarky post (let alone the kind of stuff you see on other forums). I suspect Hoop has set the tone--respect master Hoop!

Yeah we are pretty respectful and Hoop does keep us polite.  Aside from Bioguides recent penance I recall a user named wood-something or other that stirred the pot and was soundly bounced by the bunch.  BV has gotten after me from time to time - but I passed the torch to Bioguide and he has carried it proudly.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 09:01:42 pm »
Yeah we are pretty respectful and Hoop does keep us polite.  Aside from Bioguides recent penance I recall a user named wood-something or other that stirred the pot and was soundly bounced by the bunch.  BV has gotten after me from time to time - but I passed the torch to Bioguide and he has carried it proudly.

It wasn't all my fault... I was into a new mead...

Offline sparky

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 11:56:10 am »
Thanks a lot everybody and I apologise for taking so long getting back to you. I've had pneumonia and I haven't done much but cough and try to sleep for the past couple days.  Things are looking up and I got some sleep last night, so I guess I'm going to live. Good thing too, I'd hate to go before my new stove gets here.  ;D

Bkrgi, I agree. Seeing things from a different perspective can be an eye opener.  Like you said, if we keep our mind, along with our eyes and ears open, we'll continue to learn and that's what It's all about, in my opinion.

Moondog55, thank you and G'Day to you too. I'm looking forward to learning how things are done in your neck of the outback.

Koivisto, Thank you. I've already noticed that there doesn't seem to be anybody here that wants to shove their way of doing things down everybody else's throat. Everybody seems open minded, but willing to pass along their knowledge. That says a lot about WT and the people here.

Snapper, we'll have to get together some time, for sure and you and Juneau are welcome in my camp any time. I'll send you a PM later.

GearFreak, thanks for the heads up on Bioguide. I haven't been here long enough yet to realize that he's a troublemaker, but knowing that, I like him already.  ;D

Thanks again everybody.