View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: neo over shoes  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Fowler

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Re: neo over shoes
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 04:21:21 pm »
A similar but breathable option is the New Balance military surplus overshoes, they have a Nextec Epic shell and primaloft liner like several garments in the PCU/ECWCS system. Obviously eliminates the water crossing and slop utility of the NEOs but if you are just looking for more warmth and to keep snow out of your shoes they do the trick

I think sizing down and adding a felt liner would make a decent mukluk, but only having one strap for securing and adjusting fit gives me pause.

Offline forever tripping

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:42 am »
I use a Neos Adventurer as a shell for a raber wool liner, works well for overflow. looped a hockey skate lace at the mid point to the existing buckle and lace up like a Mukluk. Great fit and a bulletproof lace system, literally as the hockey lace is kevlar and is very hard to break in the field.

Offline rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 08:25:32 pm »
I just ordered a pair of the New Balance overshoes off of Ebay. Cost about$60. I saw a pair that a fellow had this past weekend on a Winter campout, and was impressed by their rugged construction. I should have them by the end of the month and hopefully will be able to wear them a few times before the snow disappears.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau

Offline Moondog55

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 07:55:38 pm »
Some of those NB overboots are still available on eBay but not in my size unfortunately. If you have smaller feet they are a real bargain. If anybody has links to a set in US 12/13 please post I need a set for 2020