View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: The Snow Walker  (Read 539 times)

Offline Bioguide

• Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
The Snow Walker
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »
Coldfeet, a grade school teacher in Long Island, NY happens to be covering a 2nd grade class today, student's showed him this book.

The Snow Walker: Describes the adventures of a twelve-year-old Bronx boy who ventured out on homemade snowshoes to help his neighbors during the Blizzard of 1888.

Coldfeet and I will be heading out for 5 days next week and by the looks of it we'll have around 3' of snow for our adventure...

Offline trapmusher

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: The Snow Walker
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »
Coldfeet, a grade school teacher in Long Island, NY happens to be covering a 2nd grade class today, student's showed him this book.

The Snow Walker: Describes the adventures of a twelve-year-old Bronx boy who ventured out on homemade snowshoes to help his neighbors during the Blizzard of 1888.

Coldfeet and I will be heading out for 5 days next week and by the looks of it we'll have around 3' of snow for our adventure...

I hope he has a blast. You also, of course, but he seems to really want to escape the tarred section of the planet for a while.

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: The Snow Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:31:15 PM »
Hey Trapmusher, your exactly right.  I need that good old nature medicine.   Check out that video of the guy bike riding in the Artic!   Oh man.   I would love to experience that but in a much smaller time frame.    I actually told my wife that this coming journey in a few weeks is a tune up for Canada next year.   Bio, I planted the seed in her head!   Slow and steady, take pics and enjoy the views, that's all I need.  Best to all.