View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Atuk Kanguk 12x12 and stove  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Marko_Mrko

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Atuk Kanguk 12x12 and stove
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:20:05 am »
Hi all,

My wife's Raynauds's is getting worse, so I downsized the Atuk Alaskan. Did not use the Atuk Kanguk at all last year, so it's time for it to go.

1) Atuk Kanguk tent - 12x12, 10oz cotton. $550 CAD.
http://www.atuktents.com/en_kanguk.php
4 years old, excellent condition (a couple of small spark holes, some creosote staining by the chimney). I have an aluminum centre post for it, as well as a base for the post (home made). Have slept 5 (3 kids)+dog in it, but it's best with 3 adults (+/- dog).

2) Kni-Co Alaskan Jr stove - $170 CAD.
http://www.atuktents.com/en_knico.php
https://www.canadianoutdoorequipment.com/false-bottoms-for-kni-co-alaskan-and-alaskan-jr-stoves.html
Excellent condition. Includes pipes, damper, water tank (never used), and pipe cap. Bottom is in excellent condition as I've always used the false bottom (included). I've also made a canvas carry bag for it (also included).

3) LeBaron's wood stove - $70 CAD
I have too many darn stoves. This one is very similar to the Kni-Co Alaskan, but has two cut-out holes on top (with lids). It was a great deal when LeBaron's was closing, but I don't need 4 stoves.  Does NOT come with pipe/damper or anything else. Kni-Co pipes work with it (I use these).

I'm in London, Ontario. Buyer pays shipping, unless you wanna come by, pick up and have a beer.

Cheers
Marko

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:33:53 am by Marko_Mrko »

Offline Marko_Mrko

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Atuk Kanguk 12x12 and stove
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 09:51:32 am »
Sold to a couple of Wintertrekking guys. Yay!
M

Offline Bkrgi

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 07:08:41 pm »
Can't wait to receive my parcel and bring on winter...well fall will be a start..
Living warm in North x Northwest BC
IMG-20161030-04037 by richardktm300, on Flickr

Offline Stryder

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:21:18 pm »
Bkrgi,

Photo in your signature shows a hammock hot tent. Are you adding the Atuk to the fleet or might that one be posted here sometime in the future?

Offline Bkrgi

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 12:39:38 am »
Adding the Atuk to the fleet to help get others involved in winter camping and have a central gathering spot....or if anyone wants to enjoy some winter camping in my area then bring your sleep kit and lets go...I'm sure I will see Marko one day here  ;)
Will never give up the hammock nor hammock hot tent.....it's my light weight go to kit and the hammock is my full time sleep system...beds suck.
Living warm in North x Northwest BC
IMG-20161030-04037 by richardktm300, on Flickr