View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: my favourite book  (Read 2541 times)

Offline steven

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
my favourite book
« on: June 26, 2009, 07:39:37 am »
hi all...

I'm a reading lover and have a vast collection of books at my place. I love NOLS Winter Camping by Buck Tilton..its amazing which one is your favourite?

Offline Haggis

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: my favourite book
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »
I've dozens of favorite books, but among the most favored are: "The Journal of a Trapper", by Osborne Russell, and "Three Against the Wilderness" by Eric Collier.

Herself and I are avid readers and have collected literally hundreds of very good books over our nigh 4 decades together. Herself pushed me to have one of my own (a journal of sorts of our doings' here on our wee croft, Wolf Cairn Moor) published some years back; it is quite satisfying, and thoroughly humbling, to have a copy one's own pitiful scriblings nestled on the shelf, and shouldering itself among the works of far greater storytelling folk.
“It is tedious to live; it is tedious to die; it is tedious to c**p in deep snow”
Old Norwegian Observation

Offline Happy Camper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:44:07 pm »
I'm also a big reader and am amassing a small library in my basement. I use the Snow Walkers Companion a lot for reference but for a good read my favorite book of late is Indian Creek Chronicles by Pete Fromm. Its about a guy taking a job wintering over in Idaho in a canvas wall tent by himself. Short and well written. I just finished it for a second time after getting it back from a friend.

Hey Haggis, I'm always looking for new titles - now I have a few to check out. Thanks.

Offline steven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 02:31:51 am »
hi all....hey Indian Creek Chronicles is also my favorite  book ..ya i agree that is Short and well written.

Offline steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:34:46 am »
hi there.tell me one more thing that who's your most  favorite author???