View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: which spot is best for winter camping  (Read 2372 times)

Offline steven

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
which spot is best for winter camping
« on: July 21, 2009, 02:45:14 am »
hi all.
this is steven.i am here to ask that which spot is better for winter camping.i want to go for camping with my family but i have not much information about spots that which one is good.

replies would be appreciated.

Offline Oldand Fat

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: which spot is best for winter camping
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:22:04 am »
Where are you? helps a lot when the gang knows.
Stay safe
OAF
“ We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.” Stephen Hawking. 1942 - 2018

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Offline steven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:49:30 am »
hi there.i am from toledo...

Offline Oldand Fat

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:42:38 am »
Steven:
The closest place for you for a family winter camp would be to rent a Yurt at the Pinery Provincial Park at Grand Bend, Ontario. http://www.pinerypark.on.ca/
There are some very good places in Michigan National Forests around Mio I have used.
If I may suggest you bump this site in October when the air gets a bit nippy  ;D
I'm watching the Tour de France or I'd be out paddling.
Stay safe
OAF
“ We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.” Stephen Hawking. 1942 - 2018

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Offline steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 06:57:35 am »
hi Steven,thanks for your suggestion.might be it'll be nice idea for outing.if you know more places for outing so just inform me.