View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Winter Campsite Maintenance  (Read 770 times)

Offline scouter Joe

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Winter Campsite Maintenance
« on: September 24, 2018, 07:32:05 pm »
 I am planning camping at our winter camping location on the weekend of Oct. 27th and 28th to do some campsite maintenance and improvements . if any one would like to join me it would be much appreciated . A good chance for a late season camp out and spend the weekend with like minded individuals . Reply to this message if you are interested . if you have any questions please ask .
scouter Joe

Offline troutfisher!

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Campsite Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:03:06 am »
Wonder where you are located... and your winter camping site?  I hope to be at the Winter Camping Symposium that weekend!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:19:36 am by troutfisher! »

Offline scouter Joe

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 07:38:45 pm »
I'm located just north of Sudbury and the campsite is located at Sideburn Lake . It is just off Hyw. 144 less than 1/2 a kilometer north of the Onaping Lake access road on the west side of the Hyw . I believe it is at about Kilometer 75 on Hyw. 144 . scouter Joe
 I will be at the French River for 4 or 5 days starting tomorrow so I won't be able to reply till next week .  scouter Joe

Offline sleddawg

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • Rhum Line Marine
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:24:45 am »

For those who are new to the site and or winter camping in general Scouter Joe's post is in reference to the annual Deep Freeze camp.  More information can be had by checking out the Deep Freeze thread further down in this section.

I've not been personally, but is invaluable to anyone looking to learn from a large diverse group of like minded people.

Winters coming, although I've already had a bit of winter driving on the Dempster, six inches of wet slush going over the divide into the N.W.T. three weeks ago.

Cheers,
Ken

I, haul the sled so therefore I am "the" dawg.....