View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Just Placed My Order  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Nmakinen4212

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Just Placed My Order
« on: October 30, 2018, 11:48:42 pm »
Just placed an order the other day for a tank, top bag and stove bag. After last winter I was looking for something to organize my gear better and Bothwell Voyageur was extremely helpful and answered a ton of questions for me. I'm excited to receive my new equipment and will post about it and let everyone know how it is after I get it.

Offline Bothwell Voyageur

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
Re: Just Placed My Order
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:11:19 am »
Thanks for the order.

I have a couple more bags in the line before I get to yours but will be working on them on as soon as possible.

In other news I bought some Hunter Orange for bags this fall and would you believe I forgot to order the thread so I haven't added that as an option on the site yet.

I have also added a few pieces of silicone hi-temp stove jack fabric for sale
www.canoepaddler.net for custom made gear and fireboxes

Offline GearFreak

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »
In other news I bought some Hunter Orange for bags this fall and would you believe I forgot to order the thread so I haven't added that as an option on the site yet.

BV makes good stuff - he tries out his projects before selling so  you know they work.  Love my sled. 

Try Gutterman 100% poly Colour #470. its a close match for the Hunter Orange Commander fabric.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline troutfisher!

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 08:51:34 am »
Just placed an order the other day for a tank, top bag and stove bag.....
Gearin' up for the New Year's Weekend BWCA trip, I see!

Offline jscudds

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 04:42:43 pm »

I have also added a few pieces of silicone hi-temp stove jack fabric for sale

Hey BV, im interested in some of the stove jack fabric,.. after reading some posts on here i'm still confused if it would need a silicone grommet or not.  I'd like to replace the sheet metal jack in the roof of my Prospector with one that allows easier pack up.

Thanks,
Josh

Offline Undersky

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 05:59:43 pm »
BV just delivered a beautifully sewn custom bivy-bag/over-bag made of precisely the fabric needs I requested.

We use these bags for student groups' snow-shelter camping, and for group hot-tenting. These breathable over-bags help students keep their sleep systems together, and keep bumped snow from falling onto sleeping mats, or into sleeping bags!

Thanks for a beautiful job done, Bothwell Voyageur!

There will be more orders coming to you for more gear in the future, guaranteed.  :)

Offline JoDawg

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 11:30:01 am »
Ordered and rec'd a Whelan tent from BV back in Sept. Excellent workmanship and service. Haven't had a chance to put it to a overnight test yet but once I do I will post a review.

Thanks again BV for the great service!

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 01:11:50 pm »
Stove jacks.

I think the silicon (rubber?) Rings are intended to fit tightly around the pipe to make the roof watertight. They don't seem particularly heat resistant over the long term the lone on my Snowwalker has cracked so I patched it with some heat resistant silicone gasket caulk. The best way of seen to get a weatherproof seal at the stove jack is, rather cut a round hole, cut the fabric with slits in a star pattern so the flaps seal around the pipe.

Maybe others can comment?

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 01:15:13 pm »
Oh and thanks for the great endorsements. I'm enjoying making gear and it's great to be able make a variety of different stuff and have the opportunity to create some custom products from time to time.

Offline Nmakinen4212

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »
Just placed an order the other day for a tank, top bag and stove bag.....
Gearin' up for the New Year's Weekend BWCA trip, I see!

It's been a little bit since I've been on the forum. I was in Denver for training last week and just catching up on stuff. I'm getting excited for the New Year's Weekend trip! Hoping my bags will show up before Thanksgiving so I can do a test run over the weekend and see how everything goes but I think I may be pushing his and international shipping's timeline a little. It's been real cold here the past couple weeks so I'm itching to get out!

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • CanoePaddler
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 08:35:27 am »
No pressure then!

They should be finished but cross border shipping will likely take at least 10 days even though you are less than a day's drive away.

I confess I took the weekend off to go camping but I felt like I had earned the break.

Offline Nmakinen4212

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 07:06:23 pm »
No pressure then!

They should be finished but cross border shipping will likely take at least 10 days even though you are less than a day's drive away.

I confess I took the weekend off to go camping but I felt like I had earned the break.

No pressure at all! You are well within the time frame you quoted. I just wasn't expecting the cold weather this soon. Should have ordered sooner.

I'll still probably head out over the long weekend just won't have my new bags to show off.

Hope you had a good trip this weekend. Do the lakes have solid ice up by you?

Offline Nmakinen4212

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 06:23:24 pm »
Bag are in and I love the quality. Very well made and they are perfect for my tobbaggon. Highly recommend and great to work with!

Offline jscudds

• Supporter
  • Warming Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 07:39:09 am »
saving up to get one of those sweet BV tanks, hopefully after xmas.

Offline Nmakinen4212

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 11:01:25 pm »
First trip with the new bags will be this weekend. BWCA for 4 days for the Lake Trout Opener.